Open Song Of Blades, City Strife - Scavenge/Survival Game

Selkie

I am bringing everything needed to run a small, quick, 2-4 player Song of Blades and Heroes Skirmish Campaign later on the Saturday ;)

This is last minute but doesn’t require experience or prep time on the part of the participants, just bring 4-20 minis on the day and drop in. Anything is welcome.

Details

SOBAH is fast, easy to learn and fantasy skirmish. Mechanics are simple but have tactical depth. You really get out what you put in with the rules so I will use a heavily adapted set with a stronger story element.

The game is set in a troubled, evolving townscape. Expect multi levelled card buildings, alleyways, ambushes and broken alliances.

There will be 3 linked campaign style phases to grow the game and let people learn at their own speed. People will be able to drop in or out without obligation.

This will be casual and unbalanced, with lots of secondary objectives and me as the GM to run it smoothly. The emphasis is on storytelling. Bring an open mind in regards to winning outright.

I Will Bring

The scenery, the rules, dice etc and I will be playing my O&G as the ‘background’ faction.

You will Need

The Forces of Order and Forces of Destruction are the other 2 factions and are Open.

Ideally each side should have a couple of players and total 15-25 minis, but less is fine this can be adjusted according to the number of people and minis involved.

Each player would be best off with a leader, a champion, a wizard, fighters, ranged/elite fighters and something else like a swarm or monster
Forces of order could include Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Locals etc
Forces of destruction could include Undead, Mercenarys, Dark Wizards, Creatures, Chaos etc but not O&G

What to do now

Please Reply ASAP! With a list of the minis you are able to bring, the more the better – Include a physical description for example:

Orc champion – 2 Hand Weapons + Crossbow (the more detail you add the better)

Do this and you get a place when you want and your stats/rules compiled into reference sheets to speed things up + create stronger narratives and objectives. Or you can just join in with whatever you have to hand.

Extras

If you could provide any extra minis that someone else could use it would be great. Also bits of town scenery (like small objectives), interior props for buildings, markers/tokens, or town villagers/peasants (can be armed) would all add to the game.
Keep checking back if interested, I will answer any questions and may post some pre-game story.

S

Adam

Re: Open Song Of Blades, Mini Campaign

Alright mate. I can bring the following if that's alright:

1 leader - human, 2 handed warhammer, full plate armour

1 champion - human, longbow, knife

6 humans - longbows, knives

1 human - sword, light armour, shield

1 human - sword, light armour

1 human - 2 handed sword, light armour

1 human - 2 handed axe, light armour

1 human - 2 handed club, light armour

Is that OK and set out right?

Thantsants

Re: Open Song Of Blades City Strife Scavenge And Survival St

So many games - so little time!

I'm sure to be busy with other stuff but sounds great

Selkie

Hi again, great that a few people are interested,

@Norse - I had never heard of that game before, looks ok might have to try it sometime. 8-)

@Adam - Perfect that is exactly the sort of layout I need, if you want you can name your minis also.

Just 2 more people needed now for the ideal starting number......

If anyone can scrounge some minis then priority will go to those that have no other games on the day (or reply first) :)

I will try post a brief background/story intro later on and maybe a quick basic rules overview so people can read these before if they wish, not essential though.

Adam

Cheers, Selkie! And thanks for taking the time to organise this. I thought I wouldn't be able to make it to Oldhammer Day so didn't bother to try to get a force (or chaos warband) for anything painted. Then realised I would be able to last week but thought I'd just be looking round. Really glad I'll get chance to play with what I have managed to get painted as well just having a nose. Thanks again.

I'll add some names after I've had my tea.

Selkie

Re: Open Song Of Blades, City Strife - Scavenge/Survival Gam

No worries Adam :grin: organising it hasn't been too much effort as I have played an early version of this before so most stuff is already prepared.

I too only found out I could come at the last minute so didn't have time for a chaos warband, :cry: It then suddenly occurred that this could be good for anyone in the same boat or those with only a few minis painted.

Grumdril

Sounds good.

I could bring something like (names to follow) -

1 leader - human, plate armour, sword
?? - human, robes, dagger (perhaps some sort of priestess?)
1 champion - human, bare-chested with helm, two handed ax
Armed yokels - 1 light armour, club and dagger; 1 unarmoured, two handed ax; 1 unarmoured, crossbow

Maybe some other bits and bobs I could dig out (perhaps 1 or 2 more humans in the yokel style, a sergeant or an orge?).

I'm also entering the RoC event with the smallest warband ever, but I think both events are fairly drop in / out so hopefully that would work out? If not let me know.

Grumdril

Adam

Well it's a bloody good idea, Selkie.

Names:

1 leader - human, 2 handed warhammer, full plate armour - Cesare di Trecenta

1 champion - human, longbow, knife - Eustace

6 humans - longbows, knives - Guy, Pierre, Francois, Henri, Hugues, Guillaume

1 human - sword, light armour, shield - Arnaud

1 human - sword, light armour - Hubert

1 human - 2 handed sword, light armour - Mathieu

1 human - 2 handed axe, light armour - Patrice

1 human - 2 handed club, light armour - Sebastien

Selkie

****, just typed a massive load of background and info out only to lose the whole post :evil:

@Grumdril & Adam - Cheers for the quick replys, the factions you are bringing are almost exactly what I had in mind, the names fit well with the story :grin: Grumdril - If you have anything else then bring it along, if the game is especially bloody or runs for a while then having reinforcements is only a good thing...

I will be driving down on the Sat so may not arrive till 2 or 3 though I aim to be earlier. Im going to want to look round, then set up. If everyone is free then it might kick off around 5ish, could be earlier, could be later. The 3 initial stages take about 2hrs to play give or take half an hour, then we can either wrap things up or continue, the story could allow the game to carry on till the end of the day if theres interest.

If anyone wants to form/join/donate an evil/dark or wizard faction it would be perfect.....

I will keep posting more info right up till tomorrow night.

S

Grumdril

Just to confirm that my figures will be as per my previous post plus the sergeant (mail armour, shield, axe). Subject to me finishing the refresh to the priestess's paint job tonight, otherwise she'll be absent. I'll update this post latter when not accessing via phone to get all the details in one place.

Grumdril

Selkie, sorry to have missed you. Apologies if it was my fault, I was too busy not dying on the RoC warband table.

Next year maybe? :)

Back