Picking up waifs & strays or The Battle of Jaw-break Pass

Golgfag1

Volunteers, all of you, volunteers?

In an effort to encourage people to participate in this weekends activities - I'm running a table called STOP the Horde! Basically, the story goes - Following the revolt of the Black Orcs and their allies against the tyrannical Chaos Dwarves:

The Black Orcs & their allies are cutting a swathe of destruction across the Dwarfs homeland, a detachment of the horde has been dispatched in an effort to cut off the Stunties off from their food resources, with orders to break the defenses at the notorious Jaw-break Pass and install their own to prevent food stuffs getting to their former overlords. and allow them to plunder the lands beyond. To do this the detachment has joined forces with many tribes of Goblins, Orcs, Half-orcs , recruited giants, hired Ogres & persuaded allies with promises of loot from the lands beyond the pass.
The hard pressed Chaos Dwarfs are aware of the threat and are setting their defenses accordingly with all they can muster at such short notice; sending messages to their allies - warning of the danger and requesting aid to stop the incursion.
Will the Dwarfs have conscripted enough forces to hold on to the pass until their allies come to their aid; will their call be answered, in their time of need; will the horde hold together long enough to break the Chaos Dwarfs resistance without their traditional animosity to one another, taking hold? All these questions and more will be answered at Break-jaw Pass!
So, if you have any even the smallest detachment of any nation within the Old world - you can take part in the epic struggle this weekend, just bring your contingent a tape measure and dice and you can play a part in this weekends activities.

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Nico

[PICS]Picking up waifs & strays or The Battle of Jaw-break P

Paul brought an horde of approximatively 10.000pts of Green skins, giants and Mercenary Ogres. To stop this uncontrolable wave I bought 8000 pts of Chaos fanatics.
We decided to use a little bit of magic items and spell casters to facilitate the game play . I finaly take one sorcerer level2 and three magic items and Paul played without wizard or item.
We played with 3rd edition rules and a little bit of 4th ed to manage the chariots, Giants and flyers.
I use some pics of Kitsune, thanks to him for his fantastic work 8-)

The first wave of the horde... The Battle of the Breack-Jaw Pass begin.
0000000_zpsc990e147.jpg

000000_zpsf735b359.jpg

A lot of Wolf riders. Their mission : Run away and sometimes rout... What's the difference Boss?
0000_zps40bd7d93.jpg

000_zps9432b00d.jpg

00_zps9dd06909.jpg

The screaming Chaos legion of Dasmin Dull waiting the first clash...
0_zpsebbe38a2.jpg

1_zps3639bb43.jpg

Wolfriders in action... This is a rout Boss? No it's a Gobbo Run Away!
2_zps28a39a78.jpg

4_zpsd1f551e9.jpg

5_zpsdeb11033.jpg

The Master of Chaos blessed the battefield with a mystic mist of tea smoke and his demonic conversation !!
3_zps63d00ba1.jpg

An other wave comming, 100 gobbos, 20 Trolls, 20 bases of Snots and 4 Giants.
6_zps10d0a841.jpg

7_zps362e12a9.jpg

Gobbo charge !!!
8_zps9d7e9977.jpg

The Ghost of the Marauders Horsemen (Just slain by one Gobbo fanatic) contemplate the Thugs routed by a Giant and a Snots unit. Fresh Chaotic troop join the Battle.
10_zps458dde76.jpg

The Chaos Lord slain a Giant with his FrostBlade... Wow... But 20 trolls are just behin...
12_zpse8c722bb.jpg

The last wave, 20 Ogres. The Ogre Commander reduces my Chaos Champion (who lead the Trolls unit) into a thick red pulp... Trolls rout!!
13_zpse4b21c44.jpg

After two days of combats the horde nerver cross the Break Jaw Pass but the Chaos Legion is weakened by the terrifying waves, this is a draw.

Thank you Paul for this awesome battle. I am going to keep for a long time numerous souvenirs of this battle. One of my best souvenir, our meeting with Bryan Ansell.
1_zpsdf9c6748.jpg

Chico

Re: Picking up waifs & strays or The Battle of Jaw-break Pas

Amazing looking game, with both the Chaos and Greenskin Hoards being very well painted :) Paul i look forward to seeing your Greenskins up close in a few GLOGG games.

Just John

Fantastic looking battle - go Greenskins.

Aiteal

Your Chaos force is stunning Nico! Wonderful colours.
Any chance of a blog entry on how you painted those NMM colours for those of us who haven't progressed much beyond dry-brushing silver onto black? :grin:

Nico

Thank you :grin:
No time to make a tutorial for NMM .... but this week I post an old tutorial to make banner ;)

Golgfag1

Thanks for the write-up Nico,

And thanks to everyone for the pictures, I really do now have to make a choice - more figures or a good camera, now that's a question?

The game looked the part (but with Nico's army on the table it wasn't going to be anything else) and the idea behind the scenario was good, my implementation however, left a lot to be desired in my opinion, not having the right rule book for a start! (this is being corrected as I type) or next time, we just play second Ed.

If, this is something that's going to develop into a demo - I'm going to have to plan/play the scenario a few times to get that hint of desperation that I was looking for, especially as the last two waves of the horde never got on the table, this time!

Time to reflect and contemplate my navel.

Regards

Paul / Golgfag1

Grumdril

Despite reading the build-up to this and having seen some of them on the day it wasn't until reading this that it really occurred to me how many greenskins you have Glogfag1. Colour me jealous. Although I'm struggling enough to paint just the handfulls I do have...!

Both armies are a great showpiece and definitely a highlight of the weekend.

Thantsants

Glad I saw the last couple of turns for theis game (as well as wandering over now and then to drool at the hordes of greenskins and Nico's exquisite Chaotics) - nailbiting stuff between the Ogres and Trolls.

and as for the Snotties versus the Discriders 8-)

Paul - I reckon this'd make a superb demo game and would be honoured if the chance ever came to ally King Fyar's minions to the cause :mrgreen:

Golgfag1

Apologies for not responding early - but other commitments as been weighing heavily on my time since the Oldhammer weekend - Sick friends (dreaded C word), sick family (yet to be determined!) Work -Department restructure, projects coming to a conclusion etc etc. Anyway, Thanks for the complementary comments guys - Only another two hundred goblins and a few more specials to paint and the horde will be finished!

Hopefully, one day I'll arrange a big game over the course of a weekend and we'll be able to arrange a gathering.

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Grumdril":1gex3ih4 said:
Despite reading the build-up to this and having seen some of them on the day it wasn't until reading this that it really occurred to me how many greenskins you have Glogfag1. Colour me jealous. Although I'm struggling enough to paint just the handfulls I do have...!

Both armies are a great showpiece and definitely a highlight of the weekend.

Thantsants":1gex3ih4 said:
Glad I saw the last couple of turns for theis game (as well as wandering over now and then to drool at the hordes of greenskins and Nico's exquisite Chaotics) - nailbiting stuff between the Ogres and Trolls.

and as for the Snotties versus the Discriders 8-)

Paul - I reckon this'd make a superb demo game and would be honoured if the chance ever came to ally King Fyar's minions to the cause :mrgreen:

Golgfag1

A few pictures of the Boys that didn't make it on to the Table over the Oldhammer Weekend!

First picture the Black Mountain Boys with their dwarf ticklers! Two pictures of Nick Lund's Black Orcs from Citadel & Granadier.

Attachments

• Boys.jpg
    Boys.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Boys1.jpg
    Boys1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Boys2.jpg
    Boys2.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,217

Golgfag1

More pictures of the boys that missed the fight!

The Mother Crushers

Attachments

• Boys3.jpg
    Boys3.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Boys4.jpg
    Boys4.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,217

Thantsants

Sweet Mothercrushers - that's a lot of Nick Lund (and whoever sculpted the Black Mountain Boys) Goodness!

Nico

hi Paul, great collection and impressive units size !
My only regret is, they never leave their cases during the battle!
For the next time ;)

Bye Nico

Back