Sending my apologies - life has happened

Davey

Sadly I'm no longer going to make it to Oldhammer Day. A really sad decision, I was really looking forward to it. I'm preparing to live partly in Cardiff, partly in Oxford, where I'm going to be studying - there's plenty to be sorted out at home, plus I'm busy handing over my current job.

Out of interest, is there one of these local Oldhammer groups I've heard rumoured being set up in the Oxford area?

Grumdril

Bad luck on having to cancel Davey :(

Re. local groups, I'm in the Oxford area myself, I've not seen anything mentioned of a group close to here but I think someone mentioned something about the Newbury / Basingstoke area which isn't too far. Can't find the reference now though...

I'd be interested if something was being set up. This area is a bit of a blank spot on the Oldhammer opponent finder, which I've put off registering on myself until I have a half-decent number of figures painted up. Perhaps I should sign myself up to that to give me a kick to get more painting done!

Norse

That's a shame Davey!

You're welcome to join us at G.R.O.G., we're probably the closest group to you. But it's not terribly handy for you. Although it sounds like you'll have 2 people in Oxford already, which is as many as we have here, so you could always form an Oxford allied contingent! Granted both Harry and I know other people we can drag in on occasion, but I'm sure you can find some handy students or something to push some models around.

Davey

Thanks all for the commiseration.

Grumdril - I'll be in Oxford from early October (week days). Perhaps we should see about fixing a game or two? I won't be able to host I'm afraid as I'll be back in student digs (at the tender age of 38!) and I won't have a car either...!

Norse - where are you based? Where there's a will there's a way :)

Thantsants - thanks mate, roll on next year and hope I can make that one!

Norse

I'm in Dursley and Harry's in Cam. Both places overlap each other enough as to be able to be considered essentially the same place. There's a train station, but I know from past experience that you have to go in all sorts of strange directions to get between Oxford and Cam & Dursley by train!

Davey

Warlord Paul":2ss4o58e said:
That's bad news Davey, you'll be missed. Your minis too! I hope everything's OK. Maybe your and Dr B can make it next year.

Thanks, my minis are sulking I think, but hopefully they'll see some public action soon. Next year will be far more organised and better planned - plus fewer life changes I hope! - I'm Dr B's chauffeur so he'll need me to come!

Norse":2ss4o58e said:
I'm in Dursley and Harry's in Cam. Both places overlap each other enough as to be able to be considered essentially the same place. There's a train station, but I know from past experience that you have to go in all sorts of strange directions to get between Oxford and Cam & Dursley by train!

Once I'm settled in to my new double life I'll have to look into travelling round for a game. I don't mind a roundabout train journey or two :)

Back