Is anyone going to be around on the Friday?

lenihan

I'm booking my trains and accomodation, and I'm reckoning I'll just plan on coming up early Saturday and back down late Sunday, but I thought I just should ask whether many people were planning on arriving on the Friday, and if there'd be much of a point in booking to arrive early? I've never seen Warhammer World, for example, so I might be tempted to pop in there if I had an extra day, but then again if nobody else is likely to be around to have a drink on the Friday night, I would probably not bother.

Skarsnik

lenihan":3h6xfzpm said:
I'm booking my trains and accomodation, and I'm reckoning I'll just plan on coming up early Saturday and back down late Sunday, but I thought I just should ask whether many people were planning on arriving on the Friday, and if there'd be much of a point in booking to arrive early? I've never seen Warhammer World, for example, so I might be tempted to pop in there if I had an extra day, but then again if nobody else is likely to be around to have a drink on the Friday night, I would probably not bother.

I'll be there on the Friday (and every other day of the year), and I need very little excuse for a pint or 2.

Mutantdale

I was thinking a Friday arrival myself so I can see some of the old dioramas at the warhammer museum.. soak up some nostalgia to get me in the mood for the weekend..

MD

weazil

I was thinking Friday too, but I'm still trying to finalise my arrangements. Good to know that there will be others...

Skarsnik

Seems like a few people want to see Warhammer World. Might I suggest arranging to meet up in Bugmans late afternoon/early evening, see the sights around GW, have a pint or 2 in the bar, then a gentle meander towards town and back towards the hotels.

Golgfag1

I'm planning to combine a visit to see family, so am promising nothing, but who know what might happen!

Paul / Golgfag1

Thantsants

A visit to Warhammer World had occurred to me too but budget constraints have meant that I'll be travelling down Saturday morning and spending all my money on beer and little men - hopefully not in that order... :shock:

lenihan

So just to confirm, I will be around on the Friday evening, so would be up for a drink in Bugmans and then on to wherever else if there's an appetite for ale. So perhaps Skarsnik, and whoever else is likely to be around, should suggest a Bugman's meet-up time?

There have got to be more people than just me coming up on the Friday!

Skarsnik

I guess it all depends on when people are arriving in Nottingham.

lenihan, if we work around what time you will be around, then others can join at their leisure.

lenihan

Well, I'll be able to get to Bugman's by 7 if people are wanting to have a drink there - I'm guessing that may be too late for me to see the Miniatures hall (which is a bit of a shame if true as I would have liked to see it) but sadly I have to work on Friday afternoon!

Back