Free Dice!

Norse

Been working on designs for a freebie to hand out to people over the weekend, and the current design I've got is this one:

file.php

Now, as I'm direct printing these myself, we can have a little more personalisation on there.

If anyone would like the 6-spot of their die to be personalised either post in this thread or send me a PM. Due to the work involved I can only personalise the 6-spot for you. But I can: put your name/nickname in place of the Oldhammer logo; replace the whole face with an appropriate line drawing for your army from the Warhammer Armies book; put your blog logo on that face (weazil: the Warhammer for Adults logo would look fantastic in colour on your die); or put an image you supply me on there. This face can be in colour, you're not limited to black.

Alas, I must limit this to one dice each, as funds and time only stretch so far. However, I will be taking plenty of the basic design with me to make sure everyone who wants one can have one and if there are any leftovers I'll distribute those too. It will be a permanently surface printed 14mm ivory squareish edged dice, and I'll pop a sample on here once I have the basic design finalised and the blanks in my hand.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions or objections please post them :)

Attachments

• oldhammer dice.png
    oldhammer dice.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 2,602

Thantsants

That looks brilliant and thanks for taking the time and money to do it!

I like your original design a lot and would be more than happy with that 8-)

Chico

Wow that's very nice of you, sadly i'm not going to Oldhammer day dew to no job and funds. But i'd love a chance to get hold of some Oldhammer dice, maybe at a later date you can sell some to those who couldn't make the day?

Zhu Bajie

Are you sure there are enough skulls on there? lol! Looks great, and extraordinarily generous of you.

I'd gladly pay postage and materials, as I can't attend the Foundry event and would like one or three.

Norse

I'm glad the design is liked! I'm hoping to tweak them a little more before printing but it looks ok at the moment.

Zhu Bajie":nxes2kr5 said:
Are you sure there are enough skulls on there? lol! Looks great, and extraordinarily generous of you.

I'd gladly pay postage and materials, as I can't attend the Foundry event and would like one or three.

Never enough skulls!

Well, you're an artist and everything. If you were to do me a very simple border or something that I can use to pretty these up a little more I'd send you one or three for free! Although, as I'm using your Oldhammer logo on the basic six spot I should send you one for free anyway.

I'll consider selling these to people who don't manage to make it to the event, it depends on how many blanks I need to use up. I'd probably only be charging postage and materials, if I charged this out properly it might make people cry :)

Orlygg

Love these. I certainly would love one or twenty. How many do you intend to print off?

Thanks for putting the time into these.

Norse

I have 60 blanks coming.

According to the signup stats there are 38 people coming, but I don't know how accurate that is so could do with a better idea of numbers.

However, I do want to print out an experimental set of thematic Cthuloid Fudge Dice and also see how well it works for a new Heroquest dice. That's 5 dice total.

Allowing for testers and wastage I reckon I can print 50 dice for the weekend from that lot. I can get more blanks in if needed, but I *think* that should be enough.

Erny

Wow, this is just what the day needed a little memento of the day. Be sure you have enough to hand one to the Mighty Dark Winged Avenging Lord of Chaos!

I feel a Oldhammer blog news post coming on.

Norse

Erny":2emouxcj said:
Wow, this is just what the day needed a little memento of the day. Be sure you have enough to hand one to the Mighty Dark Winged Avenging Lord of Chaos

Bryan Ansell?

Please do! I'd love as many of these as possible to be as personal as possible to the people coming.

As an example of the sort of thing that can be done see the attached!

Sorry, it's a slow boring day at work today :)

=========

Edited to remove naughty images!

Wow! Awesome! Dice are great anyway, but a little memento to remember the day is an excellent idea. Much gratitude for doing this. :) I just hope I get there early enough to get one!

Erny

Norse":2gnfww62 said:
Erny":2gnfww62 said:
Wow, this is just what the day needed a little memento of the day. Be sure you have enough to hand one to the Mighty Dark Winged Avenging Lord of Chaos

Bryan Ansell?

Please do! I'd love as many of these as possible to be as personal as possible to the people coming.

As an example of the sort of thing that can be done see the attached!

Sorry, it's a slow boring day at work today :)

Yep Bryan Ansell, you need to read up on whose coming sir!

I'll stick a post on the news blog in the next couple of days as I think these are great. I have an oldhammer anniversary post to put out first though!

Asslessman

Extraordinary Dude !
Won't make it to the vent this year but will definitely be up for some spare if you will take my money.

ardyer

Please do not infringe on GW's copyright and trademark of "lots of skulls everywhere." You should know that lots of skulls is purely their intellectual property :lol:

Just kidding. Shame I can't make it across the pond, those are nice looking dice!

Zhu Bajie

ardyer":3f18xgdc said:
Please do not infringe on GW's copyright and trademark !

by using the Warhammer 3rd Edition logo and their artwork.

Seriously, that could land you in a spot of bother with their lawyers, even if you're giving them away for free.

Back