Looking For Game (UPDATED)

Mutantdale

I am in the same boat I am afraid.. Not been here long and 95% of my lead is unpainted.

I am painting up my warband for the bring your own table then whatever else I get done before the day will be coming with me to see if I can jump in somewhere..

I am hoping to have 30 skellies and 20 reapers finished soon and then whatever else I can get done asap without compromising quality for quantity.. (quality by my standards anyway. Seeing others here my stuff seems like a 2 year old fingerpainter compared).

Next year will be different as I will have an army done by then (in theory).

MD

Golgfag1

Is there anybody else in the same boat? I can cater for numbers if I know people are interested, by either providing figures or designing the demo to provide recycled figures - ie Nico inflicts casualties on the initial wave of the incursion of the horde, a not too friendly necromancer appears and starts to raise the dead etc! Who's side their on is down to the controlling player - get the picture?
An expression of numbers is all I'm after.

Paul / Golgfag1

Citadel Collector":2w6mzfii said:
The only reason I haven't made any firm commitments as yet regarding people's offers of games is that my warbands are still WIP, and it wont realistically be until about 2 weeks before the event that I know where I stand. In principle Paul I'd love to join a battle against what you are proposing (and see all those great old figures), its just that I dont want to say yes at this point and then let people down.

My thoughts at this stage are to bring along whatever I have managed to paint by then, and take a flexible approach to which of my troops I'm actually able to field over the weekend.

Norse

Don't think I can put something together to fit in as a Realm of Chaos Warband, but I will have a small 1000 point Chaos Army ready (which exists as an excuse to get my jabberwock on the table) if anyone is looking for a game on the Saturday. I might be able to bulk that up a bit between now and then if necessary. Happy to take single games, or work as part of a larger force in a scenario, or basically anything that allows me to play with my jabberwock (harr harr).

I've signed up for Orcs Drift on the Sunday.

Now to find accommodation, might have to be the hostel looking at the prices of the hotels about the place.

Edit: Golgfag, if a small Chaos contingent would work I'm happy to form part of the force opposing the greenskins if you have other takers. My force is built for 3rd edition though, would have to reinvestigate 2nd edition.

Golgfag1

Norse, No force is too small for this one! All volunteers welcome and that would make the opposition 2 plus a few possibles! Which hopefully, will takes us where we'd like to be. I hope to pick up a few waifs and strays over the weekend!
As for the rules - 2nd is my preferred option, however I've just taken delivery of two soft backed copies of third (the joys of Ebay) and Ive started reading; so I don't think, there'll be a problem. I just need to get in a few practice games before the weekend between the painting!

See you there

Paul / Golgfag1

Norse":9gy2gi6d said:
Don't think I can put something together to fit in as a Realm of Chaos Warband, but I will have a small 1000 point Chaos Army ready (which exists as an excuse to get my jabberwock on the table) if anyone is looking for a game on the Saturday. I might be able to bulk that up a bit between now and then if necessary. Happy to take single games, or work as part of a larger force in a scenario, or basically anything that allows me to play with my jabberwock (harr harr).

I've signed up for Orcs Drift on the Sunday.

Now to find accommodation, might have to be the hostel looking at the prices of the hotels about the place.

Edit: Golgfag, if a small Chaos contingent would work I'm happy to form part of the force opposing the greenskins if you have other takers. My force is built for 3rd edition though, would have to reinvestigate 2nd edition.

Harry

Golgfag1":22f6cv01 said:
I see what you mean Erny, this is like trying to herd cats! One, is bad enough, but, trying to get others to commit to a game with what ever they have is like drawing teeth!
Nico, if we don't get any further interest in this endeavor (by the end of the month) I suggest we call it a day, and join in with other events over the weekend. A pity as I was looking forward to putting my freshly painted Giant troll champion & giant two headed troll and a few of their mates on the table ( http://solegends.com/citf/citftt/index.htm ), maybe, if this happens again, our efforts this time will inspire others to join-in with something an a larger scale?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

I have a couple of trolls ... we can put them together for a new faction for the Rumble in the Jungle.
I am sure Padre can come up with a good excuse for them to be there. :grin:

Golgfag1

Harry,
Not going to happen, my trolls are currently fully committed to be supporting (leading) my goblins into battle against the big hatted stunnies, because that's fun and anyway - it's too hot where you're going, so there.

Paul / Golgfag1

[/quote]

I have a couple of trolls ... we can put them together for a new faction for the Rumble in the Jungle.
I am sure Padre can come up with a good excuse for them to be there. :grin:[/quote]

axiom

Just got the green light last night from the missus to pop down on the Saturday morning. Unfortunately I can't make the afternoon as its my daughter's birthday party, or Sunday either.

I was planning on bringing a case of figures if anyone wants to see them - probably my Skaven Blood Bowl team and WIP Bratt gang

If anyone's interested I have 3 remaining of this figure my club had sculpted last year:
BodyguardLeft.jpg

Available at a tenner a piece to those who put their hand up first!

Blue in VT

axiom":2zwmiphc said:
Just got the green light last night from the missus to pop down on the Saturday morning. Unfortunately I can't make the afternoon as its my daughter's birthday party, or Sunday either.

I was planning on bringing a case of figures if anyone wants to see them - probably my Skaven Blood Bowl team and WIP Bratt gang

If anyone's interested I have 3 remaining of this figure my club had sculpted last year:
BodyguardLeft.jpg

Available at a tenner a piece to those who put their hand up first!

If you still have a spare after the event I could be convinced....I passed on one earlier....but man that is a sweet figure! On of John P's best IMO.

Cheers,

Blue

exilesjjb

I have had to change my painting plans and will now not have any Oldhammer stuff done by the date, I still plan to pop along but it will only be on the Sunday to meet up wit hyou fine folks and put face's to the names. And chat about all things Oldhammer.
Peace James

Norse

exilesjjb: depending on when my Frostwyrm turns up I may be bringing two armies with me. I'm hoping to bring a Norse army as well as the Chaos one and it's looking likely that the mate that was going to come up with me isn't able to make it. If so, you could use whichever one I'm not. Can't promise anything yet though, so it would be difficult to plan for. Still, I can let you know.

Golgfag1

The horde is starting to gather - there's been a few accidents along the way! - dropped the Marauder giant (lost both arms!) and another giant came off its base and a wing came off a Wyvern - but on the whole looking good - spent very spare minute this weekend - basing, flocking bases and running repairs etc. But on the whole I should be ready for the weekend with a considerable amount of lead.
As an aside - what is the maximum size of picture I can post to this group? and I'll start posting better pictures, if I can.

All the best

Paul Golgfag1

Attachments

• SUNP0002.JPG
    SUNP0002.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,408
  • SUNP0003.JPG
    SUNP0003.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,408
  • SUNP0006.JPG
    SUNP0006.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 1,408

lenihan

Hi all, I'm hoping to come to both days, would be quite keen to bring my high elves and could also bring a couple of units of fimir if I have time to get them ready. (I have absolutely nothing Chaos wise, I'm afraid... was never that into Chaos forces *ducks*

However, having only just got hold of a copy I'm not yet up on the 3rd edition rules (and proper rusty on any later rules to boot), and I don't want to end up pissing people off with my brute ignorance, so I think in general it would be better if I just watched or potentially joined in with a smaller force in some larger participation games (or allied myself to another player who could show me the ropes). Hoping there'll be a few chances for that, but if not, no worries.

Could also bring Dungeonquest if anyone's interested in that.

Padre

Hi Lenihan

A force of High Elves would be just the sort of force to turn up at a lost jungle valley trying to retrieve some ancient artifacts before some naughty people got their dirty hands on them. See the 'Rumble in the Jungle' thread (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=704)

weazil

lenihan":380ajcey said:
Hi all, I'm hoping to come to both days, would be quite keen to bring my high elves and could also bring a couple of units of fimir if I have time to get them ready. (I have absolutely nothing Chaos wise, I'm afraid... was never that into Chaos forces *ducks*

However, having only just got hold of a copy I'm not yet up on the 3rd edition rules (and proper rusty on any later rules to boot), and I don't want to end up pissing people off with my brute ignorance, so I think in general it would be better if I just watched or potentially joined in with a smaller force in some larger participation games (or allied myself to another player who could show me the ropes). Hoping there'll be a few chances for that, but if not, no worries.

Could also bring Dungeonquest if anyone's interested in that.

Hi Lenihan

Don't worry about this. The system is 25 years old and most of us haven't played it for nigh on 20 years. Im one of the organisers and I've only played about 7 games in the past two years myself. A large part of the Oldhammer movement is not about rules, but about relationship - if you and your opponent agree to do something that isn't in the rules because its faster/easier to understand/impossible to find in the rulebook, you should be fine to do this. These games are not tournaments, there are no time limits (apart from you need to finish by the end of the weekend), so don't panic. Finally, most of the attendants will be in the same boat as you. I would fully expect to see WFB3 armies played with an exciting assortment of WFB3-7 rules.

Golgfag1

I'll be honest Nico, I'm certainly thinking two days, ten turns per day - running something like this:
I'll set the terrain whilst you arrive.

You set-up 36 inches from one short table edge (nice eye candy to encourage others to join-in).
Day One
Turns 1-3 - my wolf riders, pump wagons & chariots entry at the opposite end of the table and test your position (About a hundred figures & models)
Turn 4-5 - the Goblins entry the battle with their war machines and a few friends (estimate two hundred figures and models)
Turns 5-10 - Any body who's interested then joins you! entering from your short table edge!
End of day - we rise a glass and assess the game - decide how to proceed for day two (how does the game look, feel - carry on, give up?).

Day Two
11-12 - The mercenaries turn up ( 40+ ogres)
13 -14 - the boy'z and a few specials enter the field (close the 300 miniatures)
15 - 20 - we play the game out.
We assess the game, shake hands and rise a glass and make our way home

This hopefully lets us play the game, take a look around and see what others are doing, what do you think?

Paul / Golgfag1

Nico":1zczemvq said:
Ok Golfag1, count me in to try to stop your Greenskin horde has describ in your first message.

Or , if we don't find other Generals. You can try to kick my ass with your green short legs... I think to a standard game but a scénario/special deployment is highty recommanded 8-) I play with 3rd ed rules.

I'm curious, how many points you have in your Green horde?
Bye Nico.

Nico

Ok Paul !! Thanks for your precisions, now I understand what do you want to do :) And I think it will be very good like this... Lot of lead for a lot of fun :) I'll be glad to participate with you to this game for both days with my chaos horde and probably with a second army for sunday (if anybody want to join us...).
And now... It's time to paint :)

Bye Nico.

Golgfag1

Ok Nico,
Here's a story for you and anybody else who cares to join us - to consider over the next few weeks - Following the thread of the revolt of the Black Orcs and their allies against the tyrannical Chaos Dwarves:

The Battle of Jaw-break Pass

The Black Orcs & their allies are cutting a swathe of destruction across the Dwarfs homeland, a detachment of the horde has been dispatched in an effort to cut off the Stunties off from their food resources, with orders to break the defenses at the notorious Jaw-break Pass and install their own to prevent food stuffs getting to their former overlords. and allow them to plunder the lands beyond. To do this the detachment has joined forces with many tribes of Goblins, Orcs, Half-orcs , recruited giants and hired Ogres & Horse nomads with promises of loot from the lands beyond the pass.
The hard pressed Chaos dwarfs are aware of the threat and are setting their defenses accordingly with all they can muster at such short notice; sending messages to their allies - warning of the danger and requesting aid to stop the incursion.
Will the Dwarfs have conscripted enough forces to hold on to the pass until their allies come to their aid; will their call be answered, in their time of need; will the horde hold together long enough to break the Chaos Dwarfs resistance without their traditional animosity to one another, taking hold? All these questions and more will be answered at Break-jaw Pass!

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Nico":1n2m2wzc said:
Ok Paul !! Thanks for your precisions, now I understand what do you want to do :) And I think it will be very good like this... Lot of lead for a lot of fun :) I'll be glad to participate with you to this game for both days with my chaos horde and probably with a second army for sunday (if anybody want to join us...).
And now... It's time to paint :)

Bye Nico.

Back