Looking For Game (UPDATED)

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2013, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Looking For Game (UPDATED)

This thread is for players to start organising games for the Oldhammer event in August. This thread will form part of the booking form and supporting web page.

Essentially, this thread will be for players to post challenges or game invites. Because the event is NOT A TOURNAMENT, we're not planning on controlling how many points or what type of force you can bring - you'll need to engage some of your Oldhammer nonce and organise that with your opponent.

I'd recommend that you use this as an opportunity to build a game you'd really like to play. Don't feel that because someone is offering 2000 points that you must respond with 2000 points - use this thread to negotiate. Perhaps you want to create an army that isn't described in Warhammer Armies - maybe you have a specific scenario in miind, or you want to play an existing scenarion (like Forenrond's Last Stand) with different armies. Perhaps you really want a 'standard' 3000 points vs. 3000 points game. That's okay too.

The point is - use this thread advertise that you are looking for a game and what sort of game you are looking for. Okay?

PLEASE don't post here until you've read the event information and filled in the form.

AS AN EXAMPLE OF THE SORT OF THING YOU MIGHT POST:

I've got about 3500 points of Chaos (including a chaos host with a wyvern). I'd love to play an assault a smaller defence force, perhaps protecting a bridge or mountain pass. I'm looking for something quite heroic, so maybe a few well equipped high level characters on the defense force and possibly the chaos force summoning a daemon or elemental. Very high fantasy. Any takers?

OR, YOU MIGHT POST:

+- 90 Wood Elves - basically a wood elf patrol. I'm easy on the sort of game, but I'd like to have at least one forest on the table and I'd like prefer to play a human army, as this fits in with the location of the wood elf patrol in my own campaign.

OR, AS A THIRD EXAMPLE:

I don't have a legal army according to Warhammer Armies - I've got about 30 dark elves and 30 or so orcs. I want to create a custom army lead by an undead chaos champion who has united the orcs and dark elves. They've also acquired a cannon along the way and a chaos dwarf necromancer. Anyone interested in something a little more unusual.

OR, I GUESS:

3000 points Empire. Looking for opponent.

ALSO...

...feel free to ask other members to design a scenario for you. That way, a 3rd party with no attachment to the outcome or the armies playing could try and balance the forces against each other and provide a reason for the fight. You don't have to, but this is a place to do that as well.

Of course, any questions, just ask.

Thanks
Last edited by weazil on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Location: Above the cut, Taliban Territory, Sandwell, England.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Re: Looking For Game (UPDATED)

OK, just filled in that form and registered here.

Didn't really get on with that form TBH... didn't seem to be to an option to just say "want to play the RoC game on at least one of the days". Think I've ended up suggesting that I'll just turn and play nothing :(

Anyway, I'm prepared to run, on one of the days (because I want to play in RoC on the other one) a every man for himself game of Rogue Trader based upon a similar event held at Gamesday BITD.

I'll post the details in another thread rather than fill this one up with other stuff.

Coop

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Coop

Thanks for the feedback (and the registration). I realise I included your option, but I was supposed to contact you to discuss more - I'll be writing shortly to discuss stewarding the participation games to allow the hosts to do other things when they're there - I'll include you in that discussion. Apologies that I've not done that yet. I shall blame the economy, Eastleigh by-election and the recent Korean underground nuclear bomb test.

That said, I've changed the form to indicate that the RT game will now be on the Sunday. I didn't initially put them on days, because (apart from you) everyone else would largely be able to jump in and jump out of these games, meaning they could arrange their other gaming and fit these in 'in-between' if that makes sense. The form was just to get an approximate count of who is interested in what.

Could I ask that you check out the registration form again to see if it now makes sense?

Thanks
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!

Location: Above the cut, Taliban Territory, Sandwell, England.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah, that makes sense put myself down to participate in my own game.

As for scenery I was planning on borrowing a load from my wargames club for the RT game so I should be able to get some for Warhammer as well but there is the problem that I don't have much room for luggage in the car it being a silly two-seater and all.

Coop

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 pm

Hey folks, I've just registered for the event.

I'll be bringing my Slaaneshi Army and my Genestealer Cult. (I've also got several buildings I can bring). I need to have a proper sit down and figure out points values for each of them and then I'll post up and come looking for challengers. Incidentally, I'd like to go for multi-player games if possible, to maximise the sociability.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm

I hear Budapest is lovely in the Springtime when the geese fly South...

I'm hoping for something along similar lines - in between running Orc's Drift of course so I might have to play things by ear somewhat...

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm about to register. One thing though - there is no Dwarfs check box on the 'what I will bring' list.

Shall I just describe them as primitive Squats?

[I'll bring a small Dwarf army, a Chaos warband, a 10 man marine squad, and a Blood Bowl team or two. I'll bring a bit of scenery, all a bit dull. Other things might get added, depending on painting.]

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm

What, no Dw...oh. Look - I've just checked the form and there's an option for dwarfs (or even dwarves). And I didn't just add it or anything :oops:

Anyway, form is fixed now. Not that there was anything missing, just - y'know - fixed something else that was in the same region as the totally obvious dwarf option.

I've updated your entry appropriately - thanks for registering :)

Thanks
Regards,
Gaj

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm bringing 2k of Undead for Erny to run away from with his Orcs. :)
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I'll bring Orcs or Dwarves. Can prolly do any size pointswise - sub 10,000 :P If anyone would like to play either of these let me know so I can get painting. :shock:

I shall also bring RT Marines and perhaps a BB team.
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2013