What Gaming Conventions in US are Oldhammer compatible

Blue in VT

Howdy all,

After seeing the huge success that the "Bring out your Lead" was I have started to think about how to have an Oldhammer event on this side of the pond. I've been contacted by a couple of other interested parties from the FB group (who would have guessed that FB would be so useful... :lol: ) so there is a bit of momentum for such an "event"

Now considering the more widespread nature of the Oldhammerers over here I don't think it makes sense to try and organize an Oldhammer only event like the one that just happened in Nottingham....but I think we should be looking for a larger Con to run a demo game at. Now I have never been to a gaming convention of any sort...so I'm really going into this with no preconceived notion of where to start.

So that brings me to my question...are any of you familiar with Gaming conventions in the US or North America that would be suitable to host an Oldhammer "event"?

A quick look around the web suggests that GenCon in Indianapolis might be a good place....but it is really an RPG event. Historicon in Virginia is really more of a historical gaming event (as implied by the name... :? ) what are some of the other options?

Any help is great appreciated.

Cheers,

Blue

Adam

Not really familiar with US shows, but there's a list of all the North American shows on the Newark Irregulars' wargames calendar that might be helpful:

http://www.newarkirregulars.org.uk/calendar2013.html

Edit: Re. Historicon - they do have some sci-fi and fantasy games on from what I can tell. Given how many people have moved onto historicals from warhammer over the years, I reckon anything you put on would be well received. Might be worth dropping them an email to see what they say.

Zhu Bajie

Ye Gads. I was always so jealous of you Americans reading the Convention Calendar in Dragon magazine back in the day, seemed like there were dozens of cons going on every month.

GaryCon looks friendly, I'll ask on Dragonsfoot about OSR friendly cons.

ardyer

OrcLord mentioned there was a little bit at the historical con in Fredericksburg, VA a could on months ago. Can't remember the name...it's held by the same people that do the one in PA.

ardyer

Zhu Bajie":2jk1v88w said:
Ye Gads. I was always so jealous of you Americans reading the Convention Calendar in Dragon magazine back in the day, seemed like there were dozens of cons going on every month.

GaryCon looks friendly, I'll ask on Dragonsfoot about OSR friendly cons.

Problem is they're all like 8 hour car rides from each other. The country is too big sometimes ;)

Back