Bring out your lead 2017 idea

Hindlena

I have a giant "RISK" game with a battle board made up from 6X UK road atlases. I use Warhammer armies and have many that coudl be used. I curretnly run the game about twice a year for scouts (aged 11-15) with a few leders nad parents joining in os this could be a good lighter activity for younger visitors or those with parents at the event, equally Ok for more seroous players too.
The game board is about 20 feet (typo on FB said 30) and about 8/10 feet across. Push rods are used to move some units - a la battel of brittain battle maps....
If this would be of interest I can set it up and could alos provide a small tent/gazeebo if the sixe is an issue.
The RISK rukles used for this game are an amalgam of classic and video game rules.

Cheers.

weazil

Hi Hindlena

Saw this post on Facebook - very ambitious!

How many players would you consider the minimum to make this work?

Also, are there options to reduce size on this? The reason I ask is that the Foundry site already has a marquee in the centre of the carriage court, and I'm not sure we could fit another structure in there. I'm not sure how they would feel about having something outside 'in the carpark' - which is why I ask. Would we be able to do something just with, say, England, on your map?

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

Hindlena

Hello,we usually play with 6 starting armies (I have painted Warhammer figures for up to 11 armies) The scouts usually have 3/4 people commanding each army as we play through the night so they can command in shifts while some sleep.
The map can easily be reduced as the map is made up on 14 section boards that are blue-Btacked to tables. If Scotland/ the lakes/ Durham and Ireland are left out that would leave most of England and Wales from Isle of Man/Liverpoll/Yorkshire downwards. That is about 8' X8'.

weazil

Hi Hindlena

Okay, so it sounds like it can be scaled to fit. The biggest tables we have are effectively 12'x6'. Alternatively, I guess you can spread the maps across separate tables so that players can walk in between.

Note that I don't have as much choice of table as I'd like for you because many of the tables are textured and have built in scenery. I'm guessing you very much need a flat surface to do this.

So, what you need to be looking out for now is when I open table booking registrations for BOYL 2017. Don't worry - it will be well announced, both here and on facebook. I'm never quite sure when that will happen, but its probably at least two months away.

I like your idea of having the game go through the night - that sounds very interesting. We won't be able to do that at Foundry, unfortunately, but you can still explore the shift mechanic as players will want to be involved in other games over the weekend and I think will be happy to hand off control as they exit, but will still be interested in the overall progress of the game - they may even step back in to take over again.

Hindlena

Hi, All sounds good, sure I can work around. Will keep my eye out for table bookings. Re people moving in and out of teh gaem - that works well and I always have a good supply of medals to rewards herooic acts of bravery and fine commandership as the game goes on as well as an overall winner maedal.
Cheers. Nick.

Back