FreeHammer - 1st Oct

Running a convention? Going to a show? Organizing a demo? Discuss it here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon May 23, 2016 11:11 pm

FreeHammer - 1st Oct

https://www.facebook.com/events/258651114486181/
With the Nottingham, Warhammer World as a venue (http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/), myself and a few other thought it be great to get some small games, trading, and meet & greet, with others with a similar interest!

I like to invite everyone to come along and take part or even organise your own games. We'll be focusing primarily on GW games from the past.

The venue has the capacity for numerous 6*4 tables.

Some of the games I would hope folks would like to play are the following (not an exclusive list):

WHFB
Inquismunda/Necromunda
Mordhiem
Battlefleet Gothic
Epic/Netepic/Titan Legions
Bloodbowl
Warmaster

I have not mentioned editions, as I would want to be inclusive to anyone interested!

So hopefully this is of some interest to folks! I will update this over time to suit any questions that people may have!
Last edited by llamafish on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: FreeHammer - 1st Oct

Just to say that Gadge, Andy (from the Tales from the Maelstrom blog) and myself will be running a Rogue Trader participation game at this.

Hope to see you there!

Post Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Is there any specific timetable for the day or is it casual games? Not sure if I can get the day off work or not. Should still be able to get in the evening if not.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:47 am

MagpieJono wrote:Is there any specific timetable for the day or is it casual games? Not sure if I can get the day off work or not. Should still be able to get in the evening if not.

I'm not involved in organisation of the event or anything, but from what I've gathered there will be a list of organised games etc put up closer to the date, but I think the plan is for there to be casual gaming as well.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:34 pm

I will be giving away a free exclusive model on the day too ;)

Im being roped into providing the squat section of some game or other, so will be bringing my land train thing, plus bikers. I hope to also rope in my bro who has a good sized squat army. Represent the abhumans!

Post Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:00 am

dieselmonkey wrote:Just to say that Gadge, Andy (from the Tales from the Maelstrom blog) and myself will be running a Rogue Trader participation game at this.

Hope to see you there!

That's great - I had posted up on the event in Facebook asking if anyone wanted to play RT but if there is a game being run anyway please considered me a willing participant instead :D

If you have me that is ...
I have a blog and it is here - http://littleleadpeople.blogspot.com.au

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:26 pm

littleleadperson wrote:
dieselmonkey wrote:Just to say that Gadge, Andy (from the Tales from the Maelstrom blog) and myself will be running a Rogue Trader participation game at this.

Hope to see you there!

That's great - I had posted up on the event in Facebook asking if anyone wanted to play RT but if there is a game being run anyway please considered me a willing participant instead :D

If you have me that is ...

No problem!

I imagine it'll be a multi-sided 'drop in' game like the last time we ran one, where participants can come along and either play through the entire game, or just take control of a side/unit for a few turns as they wish. We'll post up further details when we've formalised it!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi, Sorry I not replied sooner. Started a new job and getting used to it.

As Dieselmonkey the idea is just to drop along and join in with a game be held. I am hoping to get some spare tables for those that just drop by.

ATM there is a free game already organised.

Epic
BFG
RT/3rd (by Dieselmonkey)
En Garde warlord Paul
and a small navy skimirsh game with Mordhiem rules? (I need to nail down the details here)

I need to source some more tables to expand the free tables further

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Right due to the original venue closing down I have moved the event to Warhammer world, who are very excited to have us attending!

So the plan now is to have a roped off are for us old fashion sorts to enjoy all out OOP gaming and recall the good old times! (with beer)

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:27 am

Anyone up for some Mordheim, Necromunda or Blood Bowl? Ages since I played any of them!
I have a blog and it is here - http://littleleadpeople.blogspot.com.au

Next

Return to Wargames Shows