Oldhammer Day Ireland 21/11/15 - One Month To Go!

Piers B

11873761_490602144437505_4153238172859560787_n.jpg

This thread will be for information and details for the day plus planning and scheduling of the games on offer.

We will also use this thread to collate a list of attendees so we know how many are attending.

I will update this post with location info for the venue and local places to stay in case they are needed.

Tables Available

We currently have three tables set up at the venue ( 2 x 6x4 and 1 6x6) but we can increase that number if required. We do have an upstairs area of the venue that can hold many more tables but its likely to be a little chilly in the upstairs area in November so if possible I'd like to try and keep everyone downstairs... We do have space for a further two table downstairs to give us five 6x4 locations.

There is also a seperate office area that can be used for foodstuffs and drinks, or if needed could hold a further table, or be used for boardgames etc.

All tables downstairs will be situated in the shop area that has good lighting and is a pleasent venue.

Games

Game Name followed by timing;

1 - Warhammer Fantasy Battle 2nd Edition - The Defence of Gazul Pass (AM)
2 - Bar-room Brawl! (AM)
3 - A Dwarven Saga (TBC)

Confirmed Player Listing

Piers (GMG Kildare)
Thomas (GMG Kildare)
Garry (GMG Kildare)
Skip (GMG Kildare)
John (Just John)
Sean (theottovonbismarck)
Cheetor
Aiteal

Most importantly, I'm pleased to anounce that Brian at the Hobbyden has offered the venue free of charge for the event.

As its stands the only cost will be for the lunch that will be supplied on the day and for drinks to keep players fed and watered during the gaming!

More info over the next few days!

store_logo.png

cheetor

Re: Oldhammer Day Ireland 21/11/15 - Info

Thanks to all involved in getting it sorted up to this point.

I'll be there for sure, almost certainly with my Deathworld Jungle in tow.

Piers B

Updated with game, table, player lists.

If ye wanna run something, let me know and we will add it in!

Im hoping to just GM a single short game in order to play something else! :grin:

cheetor

I will be running some sort of Deathworld safari 40k game. Everything will be provided for 4-6 players (TBC) with small forces each. Details will follow, they are being hammered out over the next month or two.

Ideally, if I have the option, then I would like to run it on Saturday morning. Obviously, if I cant book a time slot like that then fair enough, but if possible, then thats my preference. I expect that a multi player game like that will last about two hours, but I will have a better idea after a playtest, at which point I will confirm.

Aiteal

I'm planning on running a dwarves vs skaven skirmish game with custom Saga battleboards.

Piers B

Aiteal":1h2gtgxo said:
I'm planning on running a dwarves vs skaven skirmish game with custom Saga battleboards.

Ooooo... Sounds good.

OP updated.

Piers B

We will also have a 'trade table' on the day for those wishing to bring miniatures to sell or swop.

Participants will be responsible for their own trade deals and looking after their own items, but I know I have a bunch of excess miniatures needing a new home!

I might be able to make it down, though it's sort of dependent on getting leave. Fingers crossed.

cheetor

To whom it may concern, I will be running an Ork Bar Room Brawl game instead of a Deathworld Safari. This change is for a couple of uninteresting reasons that I wont go into here.

Hopefully that is OK with you and any other organisers Piers. If not then let me know please. If it is ok, then running that game quickly on Saturday AM would suit me very well if thats possible. It wont require a full sized gaming table if space is limited and other smaller tables are available.

Photos to follow at a later stage, but in the interim here is one of the protagonists, Patrick Swayzork:

swayzork12.jpg

Piers B

Perfect... Updated the game list.

We have a small table thats around 2 x 2 thats used for Bloodbowl/Dreadball that might suit? If not plenty of other options.

cheetor

Piers B":1sa7c2zh said:
Perfect... Updated the game list.

We have a small table thats around 2 x 2 thats used for Bloodbowl/Dreadball that might suit? If not plenty of other options.

If its big enough for Dreadball then its big enough for the Bash. Good stuff.

Thanks for getting back to me Piers.

Piers B

Hi guys,

Just looking to get a firmer idea of numbers as I need to start talking to peeps about the lunches that will be provided.

If you can let me know if you are coming, I can then get an idea of numbers to provide food for. Also if you have any dietary requirements please also let me know and I will sort that too.

Just John

I'll be there Piers and I am a veggie - lacto ovo to be precise (ie I eat eggs and dairy) :grin:

Oh and a mate will becoming along as well - hes a savage and eats anything.

Piers B

Cool!

Will add that to the list...

Whose next? Otherwise ye will end up with ham and cheese or hungry!

Piers B

Updated game list.

Myself and Tommo will be running the Defence of Gazul Pass...

During the infamous 'War of Bones', the rampaging Imperial Dwarf army of King Tomaz Bosch cleared vast tracts of the Black Mountains of Goblins and Orcs. The slaughter was so widespread that, the Goblinoids in a rare moment of melancholy, called it the 'War of Bones' as the dead lay everywhere. The Army of Bosch fought all the way out to the eastern fringes of Peak Pass before encountering a tribal alliance of forces led by the Warlord Gnasrak, who pushed the Dwarfs back into the pass and further still to the Gazul Pass, the gateway to the holds of Karak Ungor and Karak Kadrin. With reinforcement unlikely to arrive in time, the remnants of the Army of Bosch decided to make a stand in the narrow pass to face a vastly superior enemy force. Over two days of battle both sides slaughtered themselves in a bloodbath.

When the advance guard of Dwarven troops from Karak Ungor arrived at the battle site, some two days later, they found the pass blocked by a tide of Dwarven and Goblinoid corpses, studded here and there by destroyed Dwarven war machines and the hulking bodies of dead trolls. Both side were virtually annihilated, but after the corpses were cleared, it seemed obvious that some Dwarfs had escaped or perhaps been taken prisoner, among the fleeing tracks of the Goblin survivors routing east, were the sure footed tracks of Dwarven boots among them, or perhaps following them...

While the corpse of Gnasrak was pulled from under a dead giant, of the Brothers Bosch, nothing was found but rumours abound that they and the few Dwarven survivors still roam the mountains seeking revenge for their fallen brothers and work undone. Tales are told of a mysterious band of Dwarfs appearing at strongholds under attack, falling on the enemy from the rear without warning and vanishing again once victory is secured. To this day, even the most fearsome Orcish Warlord will speak in hushed tones when the name 'Bosch' is mentioned...

I will be along with a view to playing whatever is available. I might see if I can bring some spare lead along too.

I have some RT stuff if anybody needs extra figures for a game.

Piers B

Ok guys... Just one month to go before the off!

Im down the venue this weekend to start sorting out new tables and various scenery should anyone need any.

I do however need to get a firm idea of numbers as I need to check a number of 'housekeeping' items.

Firstly is to make sure the numbers are within the venues insurance certificate, cant imagine they wont be, but have to check.

Secondly I need to know numbers in order to book and pay for the lunch buffet that will be available. Cost seems to be around €10 for a baguette, drink and cake each! There will also be free tea and coffee on tap, plus no doubt more items for those with a sweet tooth...

I can confirm we will have a 'Trade & Sale' stall, so if you have anything you want to shift on, make sure its bagged up, with your name on and the price. Hopefully we can set aside a period of time at lunch for everyone to mooch over any offerings.

If you can post here to confirm attendance it will help a great deal with the planning for the event.

Back