UK Games Expo, Birmingham, 24th-26th May

Vyper

I should be there all weekend. Although I'm likely to be in a tournament for much of the Saturday I think.

Coopdevil

Probably should be, one day or two. I missed it last year due to a prolonged bout of ill-health that knocked me about more than I realised at the time so haven't managed to make it to the new venue so far. One of the organisers of the expo is a clubmate of mine.

Coop

Fimm McCool

Wow, you found last year's post!

OK, this yera it's the 30th May-1st June. Oakbound games has a stall and we'll be playing Tripdos! and The Woods so make sure you come over and say hi! :)

Vyper

To be fair, it was still on the first page of the forum! :grin:

I've signed up for the entire weekend, and it would be good to see some other folks there. Is anybody going up from Bristol-way?

Fimm McCool

Yeah, my whole team are from Bristol! :) I think we'll be well laden with game boxes, but if you're in old Brizzle town it'd be good to hook up anyways. :grin:

Vyper

I am indeed Bristol based, Bedminster specifically and you'll find me down the Old Duke playing games sometimes. :)

You have an entire Bristol team? :o

Fimm McCool

Well, there're 5 of us... usually play this new-fangled 8th and 6th but also 'Munda, Space Hulk, HQ etc. and we're not too fussed about rules accuracy. You're not part of the Bristol Boardgamers who've had my Tripods! for the last couple of weeks are ye? ;) We play over in Easton/Lawrence Hill and are just about to turn the attic of an old church into the coolest gaming room ever! :)

Vyper

Tripods... tripods... tripods... .nope, doesn't ring any bells!

I never got into 8th/6th editions to be honest, but it sounds like you've got a good mix of games going! At the moment I'm mostly playing Infinity and X-Wing, but I'm looking for people to play Oldhammer games with, and I'm considering SAGA also. I've been known to play BFG, 'Munda and Mordheim on occasion too

Vyper

I'd love to bring down a warband and try out a game, it all depends on how much I get painted though, it's only a month away and I paint slow!

lenihan

I'm tempted... need to see what the budget is like for the coming month though. What kind of skirmish you got in mind?

Fimm McCool

I'll have a think, nothing big. Maybe a multiplayer 500pt challenge, or a few small games. Depends what evenings people are free and for how long, probably Saturday night would be best.

Vyper

Saturday night would be perfect for me as I have Fri/Sat afternoon plans and am busy on Sunday.

Fimm McCool

Cool. I'll put together a plan for Saturday evening. I'm at the trade stand all three days. What races might people be bringing so I can put some fluff together?

Vyper

I might be able to get a chaos warband together by then, otherwise I could bring lizardmen with some pygmy allies (counts as slan ).

Vyper

I think, ideally, I'd like to just have a Chaos Warband bash-up. My Khornate warband is in the works using the warband creation rules put in place for the last Oldhammer day and could do with some opponents to (be) crush(ed by).

How does that seem for everyone?

Vyper

I don't see why not! It may just mean my warband will have to recruit some help *cough* trolls *cough*.

Back