Salute 2015

Golgfag1

I have my ticket, and plan to be at the Foundry stand at about 11:00. :grin:

See you all there?

Paul / Golgfag1

After much contemplation I barely beat the online purchase expiry and bought my ticket yesterday - nothing like a deadline to aid rapid decision making :lol:

Need to make time today for a 'stand visit and shopping list'

See you guys at Foundry @ 11.00 :)

Blue in VT

Out of curiosity...what does a ticket cost?

Obviously its on the wrong side of the pond for me...but I look forward to hearing about all your adventures boys... ;)

Cheers,

Blue

Chico

Blue in VT":y8bsmka8 said:
Out of curiosity...what does a ticket cost?

Blue

£10 for advance ticket, 15 on the door.

I'm not going either, I went and bought toys instead of train and event tickets this year heh

Golgfag1

Just a quick word to say Good to meet you guys today, hope you had has successful a day as I, here are a few pictures of those I saw, if I don't get all your names/avatars right, please forgive me.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Happy meeting.JPG
    Happy meeting.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,965
  • More friendly faces.JPG
    More friendly faces.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,965
  • game1.JPG
    game1.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,965
  • The casting of the runes.JPG
    The casting of the runes.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 1,965

Masterwork

It never ceases to surprise me, that even in this niche of niche of a hobby theres a variety of different interests!

It was really good to meet you Golgfag and everyone else there and put faces to names!

Hopefully I can attend BOYL this year and spend less time worrying about missing out on the biggest miniature show of the year and actually spend a bit more time chatting old skool with everyone!

Justin

Golgfag1

Well finally took my impulse buy out of their bag and put them on the bench, joining the other seven 'on the go' projects :lol: . Sold has Amazonian types, but I think their more Viking types! Did anybody else purchase anything on a whim?

Paul / Golgfag1 8-)

Attachments

• Impluse buy.JPG
    Impluse buy.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 2,447

Niibl

I fear I allways buy on a whim. This time some 7TV miniatures (the clockwork orange guys) and some resin World of Twilight beasties.
BTW it was nice meeting you all.

I did make a list of both items to look at and items to buy; some transferred from the former list to the latter when I saw how good they were.
There were also a couple of unexpected purchases such as two Resina Planet minis, the Black Scorpion Salute mini and some jolly nice giant shrooms from Wargames Terrain Workshop which I have finished painting this evening.

Golgfag1

Good to know I'm not the only one with poor self control. I never noticed the flag waving Lee, either missed it due the my ever increase ambivalence or my diminishing eye sight, whatever. :lol:

During our conversation discussing alternative miniatures with Justin, we started discussing Grenadier and their collection of dragons and I mentioned - the ultimate dragon, but couldn't remember its name - well here is the little girl:

Got to say that's the second time I've been tempted by those Twilight Miniatures, but I just can't justify the out-lay for the numbers of figures, maybe next year! ;) .

Ah, the Shrooms - I brought them last year and they now languish in my terrain boxes waiting to be used, but nice little pieces just waiting for the right game.

Have you played the 7TV game yet? if not, may I suggest you give it a try, you'll soon fall into character :grin:

All the best
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Dragon.jpg
    Dragon.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,410

Niibl

I doubt that I will ever play 7TV but I like the concept and I am reading the rules atm. I like well made rulebooks and modules. Sometimes that has weird side effects though. Due to crooked dice I am now slowly working my way through Blakes7 on DVD.
The same happened when someone posted a Dad's army list for Flames of War and I think that I will have to watch all the old films referenced by 7TV too, but they sometimes are hard to find.

Masterwork

Shes a beauty Golgfag! (Im not sure why but it looks like a she to me!)

It'll need lots of brass rod pinning for those wings!

I have the citadel TA6 Emperor Dragon sitting at home. Its been given a basic paint job (but now I have a bunch of Foundry paints I might have another go at it!). For some reason its a definite 'He'!

ta6emperordragonbw-02.jpg

Anyone know which dragon is larger?

How about a Warhammer Dragon Fight Club?

Justin

Back