Oldhammer Weekend Ireland Nov. 21 2015

Running a convention? Going to a show? Organizing a demo? Discuss it here

Moderator: Moderators

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekend Ireland 2015

Piers B wrote:I think you will find they will drink anything...

Except Root Beer and Cream Soda. Both creations of Satan.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:01 pm

So...

Had a think about this last night and I will volunteer to run 'The Enemy Within' which will be a mass tabletop skirmish game based around the defence of a secluded Coaching Inn deep in the Forest of Shadows along the Grenzburg road, under attack from two competing Chaos Warbands, one rampaging from the Kislev border as part of an invasion aiming to make for Wolfenburg and the other a local cult emerging from the woods to make use of the ensuing chaos.

Players will take the part of either Chaos forces or the Inn's defenders or the lucky arrival of Road Wardens and the Ostland Patrol...

Of course, I dont have anything painted for it, but that just makes it fun! :oops: :lol:

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:56 pm

Sounds great. Might I offer some halflings to serve as protectors of food drink and other vital items.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:05 pm

My fimir are partial to the odd halfling...

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm

I think a unit of Halfling KDF (Kitchen Defence Forces) will be a requirement...

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 pm

They successfully defended the giant chicken from ravenous hordes of Skaven at last years siege :) It mysteriously vanished soon after the siege was lifted, around tea time, though.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:07 pm

What is supposed to be in the Ostlanders and Road Wardens contingent?

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:10 pm

theottovonbismark wrote:What is supposed to be in the Ostlanders and Road Wardens contingent?

Im planning on a troop of horse mounted chaps, in german style spiky helmets with pistols I think...

Ostland patrol will be a foot patrol with an assortment of kit... going for mixed Kislev/Empire look.

Thats as far as my planning got... plus of course a band of named characters to make up the Inn customers, unfortunately for Chaos a whole bunch of adventurers are staying over night before their new adventurers start... thought it would give me the chance to add in all manner of whacky types. In keeping with old campaign packs...

Oh and a mad dog too.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:54 am

Spoke to Warwick last night... Think he may pop over and join us for the Ireland Oldhammer weekend if he is free...

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Not forgotten...

The weekend that seems to suggest itself is 21st/22nd November.

We may have access to a new venue for this, one owned by one of our club members that will be warm dry and have all mod cons if the hotel is unavailable.

Idea would be the same as before... Saturday of gaming. I'd try and get tables set as much as possible on the Friday night (and people could turn up Friday if they wanted) and then main games during day saturday and then drinkies and other games if people want to Saturday night. People could then stay over and head back sunday.

Any thoughts on the date gents? I know its a long way off, but it will come around quick enough! And I need that long to actually paint something...
PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Shows