Oldhammer Weekend Ireland Nov. 21 2015

cheetor

Re: Oldhammer Weekend Ireland 2015

I am more than happy to commit to that date if thats what suits you Piers. As soon as you lock a date in I will commit it to Google Calendar and it will henceforth be inviolate down my way.

As for venue, as long as you guys reckon that its appropriately warm/dry/stocked then I am fine with it.

Thanks for staying on top of the project Piers, I am looking forward to it.

Piers B

I think its a good date for my end of things as its suitably enough time after a few European shows I have to attend with PSC/Ironfist so the wife is happy with it!

We will either be in the hotel room or the new venue one of our club members is moving too, so both will be warm and stocked up! :grin:

Depending on how many we have attending, then we can look at games, either one or two at a time, or if numbers are small, then one game in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Im still hoping to be running my 'Dont go down to the woods today' skirmish game for fantasy, so be nice if we could do an RT game as well. Really Im easy on whatever people want to do.

cheetor

Piers B":dgk969vp said:
be nice if we could do an RT game as well. Really Im easy on whatever people want to do.

Anything that I might potentially be involved in running myself will be RT themed (if not necessarily using RT rules mechanics). I dont collect or paint fantasy, so its inevitable.

I dont know what level I will be able to commit to regarding running games just yet, but I do hope to get something up and running and if I do it will be something 40k themed. I will keep you informed.

Piers B

Ace.... five of my lot have confirmed they wanna come too!

Should be a good laugh!

cheetor

phreedh":355h9oji said:
Date sounds good to me as well, I still plan to attend.

I should have responded to this info before now but belated "Hooray!" anyway.

Piers B

Cool.

Well I went to see my mates new venue (he has bought a shop/warehouse unit in Kildare for his online Model/Wargame business) and its big enough for around 6 to 8 6x4 tables easily with plenty of access space between them...

Or a huge 24 x 6 foot table!

Its warm, dry, near to town, decent rubber matted floors to ease the feet when standing all day... and its free with luck! Also has a model shop in the room next door...

Have spoken to him about it and he is happy to let us use it (the co-owner is attending the Oldhammer day so no choice really!) and will supply any MatoWar terrain mats we need for the day. Most likely those attending will get one to take home too!

Anyway, its a positive development as it means we have another permanent venue we can use in Kildare other than the hotel.

phreedh

theottovonbismark":1fg3ks21 said:
Awesome stuff phreedh.
Awesome would be my middle name, if I had any say in the matter. Alas, I didn't. So it's Nils. :|

Piers, the place sounds great. You had me at warm and dry!

Piers B

Ok...

Im gonna start a participants list to try and get an idea of numbers (if I can get a rough handle on likely numbers of those staying, we may get a very good price off the local hotel for those wanting to stay over).

Im away this weekend so will update this thread with a players list... or perhaps start a new thread to list players and the games???

cheetor

Barring something apocalyptic, I will be attending and spending the night.

I dont have details of what game I will be involved in bringing, but in all likelihood it will be a 40k Deathworld scenario. You can pencil me in for that please Piers.

Piers B

Ace!

I will set up a new thread soon to list what we decided on, even if roughly... and those attending.

kreoseus

If I can get the Saturday off work, I shall be there.

Just finished a nice O&G army too

This sounds like a bloody good idea, so count me in. Don't yet know what I'll be playing, but I'll be there.

Skarsnik

I'd love to attend this, I'll check with the other half tonight, but as she is from your side of the water it will give her a chance to go home and see her folks while I push soldiers around. A win-win :)

Piers B

Good stuff gents.

We will do a final head count nearer the time.

As you know we have the Hobbyden gaming venue available for us for the day, so we will have a rather nice location. They have their open day on the 16th May where I will be demoing my WW2 game (and having a bit of an Oldhammer sale if anyone is interested) so i will be able to show some pics of the venue.

Also we have started work on an 8 x 4 set of Sci-Fi urban 'Necromunda' style boards so will have those available for the event.

Back