Oldhammer Weekend Ireland Nov. 21 2015

Just John

Re: Oldhammer Weekend Ireland 2015

Thanks for sorting this out Piers - a one day event at that time of year sounds perfect. Can we avoid the whole of the last week in October - so the bank holiday weekend and the following one as they are the mid-term break.

I have attended a few one day events in Limerick and the various hotels have had no problem with us using the room till the small hours and hopefully it might be the same in Kildare.

Mr Saturday

Plus we can talk over the day's events and such. Early up Saturday to get set up, then away we go. With potentially several tables, it would be nice to have some groovy minis on some sexy terrain, so that's where captain delegation kicks in.

Piers B

Yep, same with the place we used... The pub next door ferry over drinks too...

No probs avoiding mid-terms and the like.

Will get my mate Tommo to start putting feelers out with his mate in the hotel to see if we can get a deal rate on rooms... Last year we had a rate that included a light lunch and dinner I think, that was handy.

Its a nice place too, warm and comfy with the pub next door.

Groovy minis on sexy terrain... Yer we can do that between us I reckon... :twisted:

cheetor

Mr Saturday":aryajldd said:
It might be better for most to stay over on the Saturday night so people can play late and get the beers in Saturday night?

I think that Piers was saying that they might get access to the room the night before in addition to on the night of the event. I was unclear at first too, but I think thats what the plan is.

Unless I have the wrong end of the stick :)

Mr Saturday

Right, cool. Reckon though, if it's a one day event, most people will only stay one night. Also, warm, comfy with a drink ferry? Yerz.

Piers B

Yes... Soz wasnt clear.

Myself and my club boyos could go in on the Friday night and prep what we can, if nothing else at least have the tables and room ready to go.

If Im running a game I can then have that set up ready to go the next morning.

Save you guys time in the morning when you arrive.

ardyer

Mr Saturday":wzs9rjmy said:
It might be better for most to stay over on the Saturday night so people can play late and get the beers in Saturday night?

Since when do the Irish drink beer?

Piers B

So...

Had a think about this last night and I will volunteer to run 'The Enemy Within' which will be a mass tabletop skirmish game based around the defence of a secluded Coaching Inn deep in the Forest of Shadows along the Grenzburg road, under attack from two competing Chaos Warbands, one rampaging from the Kislev border as part of an invasion aiming to make for Wolfenburg and the other a local cult emerging from the woods to make use of the ensuing chaos.

Players will take the part of either Chaos forces or the Inn's defenders or the lucky arrival of Road Wardens and the Ostland Patrol...

Ostland_v2.jpg

Of course, I dont have anything painted for it, but that just makes it fun! :oops: :lol:

Just John

Sounds great. Might I offer some halflings to serve as protectors of food drink and other vital items.

Piers B

I think a unit of Halfling KDF (Kitchen Defence Forces) will be a requirement...

Just John

They successfully defended the giant chicken from ravenous hordes of Skaven at last years siege :) It mysteriously vanished soon after the siege was lifted, around tea time, though.

Piers B

theottovonbismark":27spjt9z said:
What is supposed to be in the Ostlanders and Road Wardens contingent?

Im planning on a troop of horse mounted chaps, in german style spiky helmets with pistols I think...

Ostland patrol will be a foot patrol with an assortment of kit... going for mixed Kislev/Empire look.

Thats as far as my planning got... plus of course a band of named characters to make up the Inn customers, unfortunately for Chaos a whole bunch of adventurers are staying over night before their new adventurers start... thought it would give me the chance to add in all manner of whacky types. In keeping with old campaign packs...

Oh and a mad dog too.

Piers B

Spoke to Warwick last night... Think he may pop over and join us for the Ireland Oldhammer weekend if he is free...

Piers B

Not forgotten...

The weekend that seems to suggest itself is 21st/22nd November.

We may have access to a new venue for this, one owned by one of our club members that will be warm dry and have all mod cons if the hotel is unavailable.

Idea would be the same as before... Saturday of gaming. I'd try and get tables set as much as possible on the Friday night (and people could turn up Friday if they wanted) and then main games during day saturday and then drinkies and other games if people want to Saturday night. People could then stay over and head back sunday.

Any thoughts on the date gents? I know its a long way off, but it will come around quick enough! And I need that long to actually paint something...

Back