Oldhammer Weekend 2015

ChaosChild

For what it's worth, Foundry is outside Newark and a little bit in the middle of nowhere but several of the staff here use public transport (i.e. bus) to get to and from work. I'm not one of them so I can't comment on cost or frequency, or on how well the service runs on a weekend, but it should be do-able if you are so inclined. Car hire would be more flexible though, especially if you're hiring it for the whole trip.

Adam

The number 90 bus from Nottingham to Newark stops in the middle of East Stoke and runs hourly on weekdays (with a couple of extra buses slotted in at around 5). It was every two hours on the way back on the sunday. Taxis from Newark to East Stoke don't cost the earth, though.

Timetables, including a downloadable pdf one, can be found here:

http://www.travelineeastmidlands.co.uk/ ... eader=true

lenihan

I used the bus to get there from Nottingham on the Friday and from Newark on the Saturday morning and found it to be relatively quick and cheap.

This is not possible to do camping during the weekend?!? ^^
Any others french are agreed to do a french delegation next year?!? :)

Orlygg

It may well be worth phoning Marcus and Bryan about being able to camp on their estate. There is certainly a great deal of space. It's certainly worth a try!

Orlyg I dont want to abuse but if it Will be possible... This is a great idea ;) with 2sec tent it's easy... There is only one problem... Bathroom... For toilets and to not smell during the weekend lol... Because if I come with others french it Will be for all the weekend... ;)
I'm already empressed lol

I think we discussed this last year and the general feeling was that a load of pissed up Oldhammerers staggering around the estate in rag order at 0300 hours may lead to us not being invited back next year...

zoggin-eck

Gorim, Just John, Erny, axiom, ChaosChild, Adam and lenihan, thanks very kindly for the advice! I'll take it all on-board.

Still early enough that I'm not worried about whether I drive or not, just checking out the options.

Erny

Legiocustodes":2jdbvidg said:
I think we discussed this last year and the general feeling was that a load of pissed up Oldhammerers staggering around the estate in rag order at 0300 hours may lead to us not being invited back next year...

Yep they probably have enough clear up as it is. There may well be camping sites close though.

Just to update everyone - The Ansells are booked up for the weekend of August 7/8 so Diane has suggested August 1st and 2nd. So these are the dates for BOYL 2015. Should I also mention that people would like to do stuff on the Friday again?

Orlygg

Please do Steve, I am certain that there will be members keen to arrive early. What are people's thoughts on hotels. Bryan felt we could get a better deal if we book as a larger group. Thoughts people?

Calumma

I might actually be able to go if it's the 1st and 2nd. Block booking hotel sounds like a good idea.

Lee B

Padre

Oh boy - I don't know for certain yet, as my two annual August weekend bookings have yet to be determined, but 1 & 2 August is highly likely to be a weekend I am free. Huzzah!

I sure hope these dates are etched in stone coz I'm going to take advantage of an earlybird flight booking and purchase plane tickets before it ends. BOYL15 or bust lads!! :grin:

Back