Oldhammer Weekend 2015

Mister Rab

Dammit - the 2nd is my wedding anniversary :?

To find a silver lining, though, that does give me £(two/three nights hotel bill + beer + petrol + impulse purchases + beer + beer + impulse purchase) to spend on old lead... :roll:

weazil

That's worked out quite well because we apparently have a wedding to attend on the 8th of August (no, I doubt it's the even the Ansells are hosting). The 1st and 2nd are looking good.

I believe we should schedule Friday as well. Many people expressed an interest in the extra day and again and I think it will enable people to get a good spread across events (because some of them take so long).

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

Padre

Thantsants":3pzdo3g6 said:
Great news Padre - possibly!

Just had the formal request for my services in August and the weekend of the 1st and 2nd August are NOT work days for me. HUUUURRRRAAAAAYYYYY! (I can go!) Now ... what to do at the event?

Padre":3jovatv6 said:
Thantsants":3jovatv6 said:
Great news Padre - possibly!

Just had the formal request for my services in August and the weekend of the 1st and 2nd August are NOT work days for me. HUUUURRRRAAAAAYYYYY! (I can go!) Now ... what to do at the event?

Gorillas on Amazons reunion? ;)

amarcelo

Guys hi !

I´m planning come from Brazil to convention. I´d like to ask some questions to the organizers :

a) Can I find some hotels (cheap and good) near the convention ?
b) Can I bring my lead to battle with the guys ?
c) Can I bring my miniatures range to battle with the guys ?

Cheers,

Antonio

weazil

Hi Amarcelo

Great news - sounds like there will be a few visitors from the Southern Hemisphere!

I haven't investigated any hotel deals just yet, but we should be able to organise some cost effective accommodation by then. If you're flying out from Brazil I'd imagine a few nights in Newark-on-Trent would be the least of your worries.

You are absolutely welcome to bring your own lead - we'd love to see it. But, if that's going to be hard because of the travel, many games will be able to supply figures, so you should get a game in either way.

Finally, you are welcome to bring your own figure range, but for commercial reasons, I don't think you'll be able to display them or 'sell' them in any official business capacity - the venue we will be using is effectively the Foundry store. That said, you'll be unofficially marketing them if you bring some examples to game with or to enter into any painting contest that will be running. As an example we were able to get a great idea of Ramshackle Curtis' Orc ranges this year because he brought those as fully functional warhammer and epic armies.

Anyway, great to hear you're coming along - it'll be great to meet,

amarcelo

Gaj, hello!

Thanks for your words. I'm planning to be at the event in 2015, probably carrying with me my old band of Orcs from Citadel to play and share some amenities. It would be awesome to do that and take some pictures with old idols like Rick Priestley, Kev Adams and others that inspired me to fund my own company and be part of the business.

I also would like to bring with me my own minis so that the folks can take a look and share their opinions (maybe I could even use them on game for a skirmish). I follow Foundry for a long time and I'm a fan (be sure that I'll spend some gold coins with you guys !).

I want make my personal wish come true by playing with tou guys, an old style tournment, with the creators of the games which I´ve always been a fan.

Cordially,

Antonio

Foundry are always looking for freelance sculptors who can mimic their style too, so bringing your work as examples of what you can do is also advisable!

Back