Oldhammer Salute meet up?

Orlygg

Thantsants thread about shows ' up north' got me wondering which members of this forum regularly attend Salute? Its on 20th of April and I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone was thinking of going. It would be nice to meet some other oldhammerers in person!

weazil

An excellent idea! I shall pencil this into my diary and apply for my exit visa immediately!

Orlygg

Of course, written permission, signed in triplicate, must be obtained from the ' non painter' before attending such shows. I wonder how you go about getting a little stand, what with it being the 25th anniversary of Slaves to Darkness it would be fun to have a little game going on. I' ve certainly got enough figures painted to do it 'proper old school'! Would just need some willing contributors!

Thantsants

I've always enjoyed seeing what the Frothers get up to each year with their demo games and wouldn't mind finally making the trip.

If I start the mithering campaign now I might be in with a chance!

Harry

I was planning to go this year.
It would be great to meet you ....
... and indeed any of the other fine oldhammerers from here.

Look forward to that.

Orlygg

We could be all Cold War about it! "I meet you by the Gripping Beast display, I will have a copy of Wargames Illustrated under my left arm..."

weazil

It seems that in this regard, we in the South are already behind our Northern brethren, what with them all disguising themselves as pirates and hanging around in public spaces like schools...

Erny

Just checked withthe Mrs and it seams I'm clear to make it to Salute for the first time in about 5-6 years.
I think my geek buddies from Cambridge still go every year so it would be remise of me not to go with them but at least two fo them have significant amounts of old lead so they woudln't be missplaced.
Of course the whole point of getting the day pass is to meet up with old hammerers so I'll get round do ditching the non old schoolers if they can't cut some 80's retro. Also I would suggest rather than magazines under arms we just sport our Oldhammer T shirts, you have all got an old hammer t-shirt haven't you?

zedmeister

I was thinking of attending this year. Really want to visit the Studio McVey Stand, Mierce Miniatures stand as well as the Forgeworld stand.

You could definitely be very "Len Deighton"ish when meeting

"It is cold in Altdorf at this time of year"
"Indeed, the snows have landed on the Temple of Morr"
"That is the correct phrase. The figurecase with lead is under the third stall to left"

Orlygg

Its three weeks today. Dan and I shall be there in our Oldhammer T Shirts looting the bring and buy for old school lead.

Who else intends to visit the show?

exilesjjb

I am heading down there with my Dad and a friend, I think there is a blogger meet up planned about 13:00 at the eating area (where else :lol: )
I may be wearing my Oldhammer T-shirt :roll:

wytchelf

I'll be there too.

Probably won't get too much time to come and chat though. I will be busy trying to flog stuff to punters. By all means come and say hello though. Would be great to meet some of the guys from here. I'm the larger of the two guys on the Figures in Comfort stall. Easy to spot as, I'm generally swearing at the till.

Kev

Harry

Anyone live near, passing through or on the way from Gloucestershire want to share petrol costs?
(more money to spend on metal)

weazil

Recent events have changed my plans. Unfortunately, I will not be attending Salute now. Instead, I will be sitting under my painting table, cradling my precious, before my creditors come and compel me to make good on my dark promises...

Harry

I am not going to make it. I have been taken ill ... nothing serious just feeling poop.

Back