SELWG 2019

Sleepysod

This is my local show, and takes place this Sunday at Crystal Palace. Never been before but am tempted. Anyone advise if it's worthwhile from an oldhammer-esq perspective? Tempted cos it's so close, but I also have to squeeze in a rugby match (watching of course) and head off early evening to sunny Brussels. May be a close call, but if it's a worthwhile visit I may just find the time...

It’s not worth the time, effort and expense in my my experience. I went last year, looked at the bring & buy, got an ice cream from the van outside and then buggered off to Borough Market. This year I will be watching the rugby from the comfort of my own sofa.

Golgfag1

Citizen Sade":2atrqww3 said:
It’s not worth the time, effort and expense in my my experience. I went last year, looked at the bring & buy, got an ice cream from the van outside and then buggered off to Borough Market. This year I will be watching the rugby from the comfort of my own sofa.

OK I'll admit it's a long time since I attended, but I always founds it reasonable compared with other shows, I suppose it's all dependent upon what you're looking for, I've fairly board tastes when it comes to wargaming, so make the best of what you find.

Paul / Golgfag1

Sleepysod

Thanks both, doesn’t sound like I’d get a huge amount of benefit from popping by - will save up for Salute instead

That’s a very long wait until your next fix. How about Warfare in Reading in November? I’ve had some good scores on the bring & buy there over the years

Back