Yorkshire shows - Vapnartak 3rd Feb @ York Race Course

Running a convention? Going to a show? Organizing a demo? Discuss it here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Re: Yorkshire shows

Good job I couldn't make it - that lot sounds right up my street and a pretty penny to boot! :lol:

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:50 pm

i will be a Vapnartak next Feb, great little show. also sheffield is a good one usually around June

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 am

Great - I'll get the first round in then :mrgreen:

Sheffield might be do-able too...

I'm busy with Birthday stuff on the Smoggycon weekend - it is a bit of a trek too unfortunately. Shame as I've heard its a good 'un

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Re: Yorkshire shows - Vapnartak 3rd Feb @ York Race Course

Righto - just over a week to go before Vapnartak so I thought it might be an idea to firm up any plans to meet up.

I'm hoping to be down for when the doors open at 10am so I can spend a bit of time mooching about, rummage through the second hand stuff, prop up the bar as soon as it opens, etc. :mrgreen:

Hermit sounds like he'll be around and I think Padre said he was coming - anyone else?

Where and when do you fancy meeting up?

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 am

This is at the racecourse, yeah? If I drive I can't have a pint, and that would be sad if it's my special 'day off'. So, if I went on a train is it easy to get from wherever the train stops to wherever this place is? I could use the internet to find out, but I thought I'd ask a local first for you might have a deep insight in to the workings of York's highways and byways, coaches and carriages.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:58 am

I'll have a look as I was thinking the same myself. I live the other side of town to the race course and wouldn't mind avoiding driving. There is a regular bus service that goes past the race course - I''l let you know.

Might even ask the wife for a lift down - could see if we could pick you up from the station although it might be a bit of a squeeze with the two kids and their car seats in the back...

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks Thantsants, thanks. But I know how much of a squeeze it can be (we take 'grandma' shopping every weekend squashed between our two boys)! I have just checked google maps and from the main rail station to the racecourse venue is less than 2 kilometers - so I shall walk. Hurray! And a pint or two will be had after all!

Might get some other oldhammerers to come along with me - like the 3 guys who took part in my first edition warhammer reenactment.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Fair enough, and the more the merrier!

Shall we appoint a time at which we might repair to the bar - there's one on the top floor at the Race Course :D

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Looks like I'll be arriving sometime just before 12.00 am. I can't get there earlier due to rubbish Sunday trains at my end. I may be meeting some guys from Huddersfield when I change trains at Leeds.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 pm

You coming early yo beat the queues?! :shock:

Or should that be 12pm?

Let me know you've landed and I'll come and make myself known - should be easy enough after our brief encounter :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Shows