Yorkshire shows - Vapnartak 3rd Feb @ York Race Course

Hetz

I shall be there, probably still drunk from the night before :roll:

I remember you Fabian, I still have the "Blue Meanies" too :grin:

See you all there

All being well I'll be at Vapnartak bringing as much old lead as I can carry on my back (quite literally) for the tabletop sale. Mainly 1980s Citadel. This is the first time I've tried this way of selling so should be interesting :)

I'll be IDing myself (Steve Casey/bridgend_steve on ebay) on the stand so say hello if you pass by.

cheers
Steve

Fabian

That's a good idea about id'ing on the stand - I'll be selling some books and minis, along with couple of mates. :)

Chris W (Fabian)

Fabian

Just got back, got some lovely old lead :grin:, Ork Warboss, one of the old Fighter Lord blokes, and 3 Samurai, along with the GW edition of Stormbringer! Sold some of my old stuff at the bring and buy. I was there between 12.10 and 12.40 but didn't get my act together with a little sign.

Good day! Sorry not to have seen any of you. Well, maybe I did unknowingly.

redben

Just got back myself. Came home clutching a copy of Sedition Wars which I received from the man himself. Starstruck to say the least. He even signed it for me.

Fabian

Yeah, I did a double-take and hissed at my mate "It's Mike McVey!" I really wanted to chat to him, but didn't for fear of saying something fanboyishly stupid. :?

Thantsants

D'oh - didn't even know he was there!

Obviously too long spent in the bar chatting with Padre, Hetz and some of his other gaming mates! That and lurking around the Bring and Buy section. Got some good bargains there - although nothing to compare with Hetz's tin of wonder and copy of Mighty Warriors!

Sorry we didn't bump into you chaps - at least knowingly - perhaps we'll catch up at the Foundry event?

Padre

That was a good show, though you'd think they could run to something more than cans of beer at an event in York! I came away having not spent too much, which is a good thing considering all that I already have that needs painting, and having had a great time to boot. I also met a ridiculous number of people I know from old. The world of wargaming, roleplaying and reenacting is a small one.

Fabian

I was very tempted to buy a copy of Ravening Hordes I found on a book stall, but restrained myself. I already turned away from buying hordes of RT Eldar (what I really want to collect) for the lure of samurai.

Hetz

Yep, good show, some nice finds - especially the magic tin. :grin:

Thants, I was wrong about Mighty Warriors, I was getting confused with Terror in the Dark, which is the Adv. Heroquest expansion. Oh well, still some nice floor tiles.

Cheers Steve for some ace minis too, nice to meet you as well.

You too Padre, get some minis painted! (sez me...)

Padre

Hetz":27u6e187 said:
... some nice finds - especially the magic tin. :grin:

It was a magic tin. When I peered in to glimpse its wonders it most generously gifted me three figures - wondrous magic indeed.

Thank you ever so much for that. I shall have to find a way to repay you. I even owe you a pint too! Don't let me forget.

Padre

Back