Yorkshire shows - Vapnartak 3rd Feb @ York Race Course

Thantsants

Hello fellow Northeners (and Southerners willing to travel!), just thought I'd check to see if anyone has plans to attend any of our local shows.

Fiasco is going on in Leeds this coming weekend, although I'm unfortunately tied up with a niece's (she'd better behave herself :mad: ) birthday.

I do hope to get to Recon and catch up with Andy from Four A Miniatures - he's hinted he may have some more Kev Adams Goblins by then. Recon is on Saturday 1st December at Pudsey Civic Hall.

There's also Vapnartak in York - Sunday 13th Feb 2013 at the Race Course. I think its one of the biggest up here and always good fun.

Fabian has mentioned he's up for Vapnartak and I'll have to get in touch and see if my old pal Hetzer, who I finally met up with at last year's show, is coming along too.

Anyone else interested in meeting up for a pint?

Any other shows going on that folk go to up here?

Fabian

Re: Yorkshire shows

Cool :) Met him at Salute 2007 at the Frothers game; he won't remember, I'm sure, but I was playing some plucky doomed wood elves, and he fielded some lovely old dark elves.

Thantsants

Small world! Or at least this wargaming is a relatively small community nationally.

I'll have to see if he still answers his pm's over on Frothers - had a nice pint with him and the legendary Steders at Vapnartak earlier this year.

Fabian

Yeah, I met the Rev and Duff, as well as a whole bunch of the other regulars. Really nice bunch.

Fabian

Smoggycon is in Middlesbrough on 24th November (bit far out for most of you other Yorkshire guys though, I think). I shall try to go with some of my local club.

Padre

Fiasco was great. I now have 12 Perry knights, plus metal mounted men at arms, plus lots of priests and monks and cardinals for the churchmen of Morr, Myrmidia, Mercopio (etc) in my upcoming foray into the realm of Tilea. Oh, and a Italianate tower, and a wagon and draft horses, and some other bits and bobs.

Thehermit

i will be a Vapnartak next Feb, great little show. also sheffield is a good one usually around June

Thantsants

Great - I'll get the first round in then :mrgreen:

Sheffield might be do-able too...

I'm busy with Birthday stuff on the Smoggycon weekend - it is a bit of a trek too unfortunately. Shame as I've heard its a good 'un

Thantsants

Righto - just over a week to go before Vapnartak so I thought it might be an idea to firm up any plans to meet up.

I'm hoping to be down for when the doors open at 10am so I can spend a bit of time mooching about, rummage through the second hand stuff, prop up the bar as soon as it opens, etc. :mrgreen:

Hermit sounds like he'll be around and I think Padre said he was coming - anyone else?

Where and when do you fancy meeting up?

Padre

This is at the racecourse, yeah? If I drive I can't have a pint, and that would be sad if it's my special 'day off'. So, if I went on a train is it easy to get from wherever the train stops to wherever this place is? I could use the internet to find out, but I thought I'd ask a local first for you might have a deep insight in to the workings of York's highways and byways, coaches and carriages.

Thantsants

I'll have a look as I was thinking the same myself. I live the other side of town to the race course and wouldn't mind avoiding driving. There is a regular bus service that goes past the race course - I''l let you know.

Might even ask the wife for a lift down - could see if we could pick you up from the station although it might be a bit of a squeeze with the two kids and their car seats in the back...

Padre

Thanks Thantsants, thanks. But I know how much of a squeeze it can be (we take 'grandma' shopping every weekend squashed between our two boys)! I have just checked google maps and from the main rail station to the racecourse venue is less than 2 kilometers - so I shall walk. Hurray! And a pint or two will be had after all!

Might get some other oldhammerers to come along with me - like the 3 guys who took part in my first edition warhammer reenactment.

Thantsants

Fair enough, and the more the merrier!

Shall we appoint a time at which we might repair to the bar - there's one on the top floor at the Race Course :grin:

Padre

Looks like I'll be arriving sometime just before 12.00 am. I can't get there earlier due to rubbish Sunday trains at my end. I may be meeting some guys from Huddersfield when I change trains at Leeds.

Thantsants

You coming early yo beat the queues?! :shock:

Or should that be 12pm?

Let me know you've landed and I'll come and make myself known - should be easy enough after our brief encounter :mrgreen:

Back