SOD 2018

tf riley

Scandinavian Oldhammer Day - SOD on the 3-4 of March 2018

We are a couple of lads in Copenhagen who have talked about going to BOYL for quite some time now, BUT then we thought about hosting a Scandinavian Oldhammer day instead (or both - one doesn't exclude the other). So now we are doing it!

The event will be a bring-and-show/bring-and-battle, built around small narratives and awesome terrain! So dust off your old minis and join us for some oldschool all out action!

All participants will be given a free Oldhammer miniature, courtesy of our generous sponsor, Oakbound Studios.

The painting competition is sponsored The Old School Miniatures Company, quite generously also. See the posts on the Face Book event! https://www.facebook.com/events/315862748920807/

----------------------------------------------------------------
Time Schedule for Saturday 3/3

We open at 9:00
Morning: Mordheim
Lunch Break
Afternoon: Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Painting Competition
Dinner Break
Evening: Necromunda and "Hygge"

----------------------------------------------------------------
Confirmed games:

Mordheim by Benjamin Balle
Description will follow!

Warhammer Fantasy Battle by Nils Blishen
Description will follow!

Necromunda by Thomas Riley
A Bring'n'Battle style game - so dust off your old gang and get ready for some underhive action. We play using the Necromunda Communiy Editions (labelled NCE) from Yaktribe, making it possible to take the original gangs + supplements.

Starting with 1100 creds and 50 exp. to buy skill upgrades (I imagine this would be enough to create a decent gang with some upgrades, but I could be wrong, never tried a resurrection format in Necromunda before)

We will be playing a special scenario made for the event called ”The Senator’s Bastard Child”, so be prepared for anything! I’m toying with the idea of a kind of participation gang so you can join even if you don’t have a gang, so let me know if you’re interested in controlling a band of rogue NPCs. Also, let me know what gang you will be bringing.

Oldhammer Painting Competition
Categories to follow. We already have two gracious sponsors, whose names we will reveal shortly , so this should be one to follow! :)

Buy - Sell and Swap
We will set up a couple of tables for buying, selling and swapping Oldhammer-style minis and terrain. Benjamin (the Mordheim host) will be bringing some of his custom-made terrain, and several other people have already confirmed they will bring stuff to trade.

Hopefully, more games will be added and please feel free to suggest or even host a game!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The venue:
We are members of a local gaming club, aptly named Rogue Trader København https://www.roguetraderkbh.dk/, centrally located in Copenhagen, which can fit 10-12 tables of different sizes, 20-30 players. We also have access to a larger venue close, should the event prove more popular :)

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Thomas, Laze and Nils

Golgfag1

Sounds interesting, why not , keep us posted as to when and where and I'll try to come out a play! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

tf riley

el Superbeasto":2dy6ripb said:
If Kev Adams comes by sculpting faces, I'll be there! ;)

Actually, Paul Bonner lives in Copenhagen I think, not that he sculpts (to my knowledge) but could be worth giving him a shout...

tf riley

Golgfag1":1ld3azpb said:
Sounds interesting, why not , keep us posted as to when and where and I'll try to come out a play! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Great stuff! We have a couple of confirmations on games already and with the experience we had with an international Epic event in September, we'll do our best to see this one through! I'll keep you posted on the forum, as well as the facebook groups.

Thomas

tf riley

We have a Mordheim game in the books, and a Fantasy Battle game. Both are bring and battle!

Also, a most generous sponsor (Jamie Loft) has donated prizes so the painting competition is definitely on!

We are working on a couple of more hosts for games. There are talks of a titan game, Necromunda and an Elric game.

Dooz

So it seems i should bring titans, a necromunda gang and a mordheim warband.

Paint queue need to be prioritized :)

Golgfag1

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be able to attend :( :cry: :( (A new Job :grin: ).

I wish you well and look forward to seeing here, what I missed.

Paul/Golgfag1

tf riley

Congratulations on your new job Paul!

We'll post the most awesome photos so you will feel obligated to come next year ;) Until then!!!

tf riley

Update for Necromunda!!!

Necromunda by Thomas Riley
A Bring'n'Battle style game - so dust off your old gang and get ready for some underhive action. We play using the Necromunda Communiy Editions (labelled NCE) from Yaktribe, making it possible to take the original gangs + supplements.

Starting with 1100 creds and 50 exp. to buy skill upgrades (I imagine this would be enough to create a decent gang with some upgrades, but I could be wrong, never tried a resurrection format in Necromunda before)

We will be playing a special scenario made for the event called ”The Senator’s Bastard Child”, so be prepared for anything! I’m toying with the idea of a kind of participation gang so you can join even if you don’t have a gang, so let me know if you’re interested in controlling a band of rogue NPCs. Also, let me know what gang you will be bringing.

Back