Blog-Con in Nottingham, at Foundry. 9th/10th November.

Golgfag1

Keep focused Warlord Paul,

You have to develop a theme/scenario for this weekend - don't get distracted. :grin:

Paul Golgfag1

Golgfag1

OK, People,

This topic has gone awfully quiet recently, is this still going to happen?

Paul / Golgfag1

Who's painting Chaos - as if there's no tomorrow! :lol:

Orlygg

Hi Paul, yes we all all still very active and talking about this, but its all been going on over on the Facebook group.

Paul is GMing, and we have a couple of other guys involved now who ( as far as I know ) don't post here. Its just a case of turn up, play and have a good laugh really. I am painting up my minis for the game, do you intend to bring your hordes of greenskins to the party?

Golgfag1

For now, I'm quite taken with my efforts with the guys & gals of chaos; as I've discovered a load of them within my "to do" box - I'm looking to this to spur me to get them looking half-way decent for this bash, with a sprinkling for my Dark Elves to keep them company! :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Orlygg":1opp3zhm said:
Hi Paul, yes we all all still very active and talking about this, but its all been going on over on the Facebook group.

Paul is GMing, and we have a couple of other guys involved now who ( as far as I know ) don't post here. Its just a case of turn up, play and have a good laugh really. I am painting up my minis for the game, do you intend to bring your hordes of greenskins to the party?

Everything is still on, I'm subscribed to this thread so I can answer questions or talk about anything else. Looking forward to it! :grin:

exilesjjb

I have been in touch with Foundry and looks like we can get in from 9 on Sat to set up then doors will open 10-5 Sat and 10-4 Sunday, tea coffee and snack available. Not going with a bar this time.
Peace James

exilesjjb":3n5g8ul8 said:
I have been in touch with Foundry and looks like we can get in from 9 on Sat to set up then doors will open 10-5 Sat and 10-4 Sunday, tea coffee and snack available.

OK, thanks. I'll be there at 9.

exilesjjb":3n5g8ul8 said:
Not going with a bar this time.
Peace James

Boooo! :(

Golgfag1

Dear All,
Can I assume that people are booking into the usual spot for Saturday night? :)

Holiday Inn Express, 7, CHAPEL QUARTER CHAPEL BAR, NOTTINGHAM, NG1 6JS

See you there

Paul / Golgfag1

Who's not on facebook!

Golgfag1":3uzi0ujo said:
Dear All,
Can I assume that people are booking into the usual spot for Saturday night? :)

Holiday Inn Express, 7, CHAPEL QUARTER CHAPEL BAR, NOTTINGHAM, NG1 6JS

See you there

Paul / Golgfag1

Who's not on facebook!

I couldn't get a room at the Holiday Inn, looks like there is some sporting event or other going on that weekend because a lot of central hotels got booked early. I am staying in a Jury's Inn just down the main road from Foundry, as is Thantsants. I am on Facebook too.

exilesjjb

Is anyone attending Blog-Con collecting Lizard man 1999/2000 era, my daughter found all her old figures when she moved out and dumpped them back in my painting room. The are free to a good home. I also have some elven maiden guard that I would trade for anything dwarven
Looking forward to seeing your game and meeting you guys
BTW I am bringing along Nercomunda if anyone wants a trip down memory lane

I have a Lizardman army from that era so I would appreciate them but that project is not my top priority at the moment so if anyone else could make more immediate use of them please give them first dibs. I love a bit of Necro, I might try and give you a game on the Sunday. :grin:

Harry

Hi Paul,

I am delighted to say .... It looks like I am going to be able to make it. But, sadly, only for the saturday.
Family commitments on both Friday night .... (The famous Harry Bonfire party :grin:) ... and a again on sunday mean I can not make a weekend of it.

I can rock up with a whole bunch of old school undead with a fairly Mum-Ho-Thep feel to them.

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

If you want the Pyramid ... I can bring that too. :grin:
(But let me know as it is need of some care and repair).
It is big however and will fill a normal table.
Sadly I don't think I can get the boards there which is a shame as they would make a good big 5ftx8ft table.

Excellent army Harry! They will make a perfect core for Mum-Ho-Thep's army!

I am bringing a Floating Ziggurat along so it's not essential to have extra pyramids but they would look great on the table, if you get the time to repair them and can bring them without going to too much trouble they would be most welcome.

Harry

Warlord Paul":ukvzw42i said:
Excellent army Harry! They will make a perfect core for Mum-Ho-Thep's army!

I am bringing a Floating Ziggurat along so it's not essential to have extra pyramids but they would look great on the table, if you get the time to repair them and can bring them without going to too much trouble they would be most welcome.
It can just work as a back drop ... but it is BIG. I built it for a siege game and filled the table.

The army is a very simple scheme it is just bone and black ... I painted it in a weekend as a challenge. :grin:

Look ... nothing too it. But it looks OK from a distance. :grin:

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

It looks more than OK! I hope you won something for doing so well in the challenge!

We will hopefully be able to use the same table that the RoC game was played on at the BOYL weekend, so plenty of room for scenery. The battle could easily be taking place at a settlement of some sort, or one of the 'loci' from the narrative could simply be a pyramid.

Orlygg

That is a lot of undead Harry! A lot of a lot! My Khorne army will enjoy crushing them to dust! Your scenery is nothing less than impressive too!

Back