Blog-Con in Nottingham, at Foundry. 9th/10th November.

Right then. There will be about four or five of us by the looks of things, plus anyone we drag in out of the crowd.

Our two options are:

1) Play the finale to Orc's Drift because the first three scenarios were played at BOYL and it would be great to finish it in the same salubrious surroundings. If we don't do it now the YOBBOS can play it in November though, so it's not a last chance for this game by any means. This scenario will easily accommodate multiple players and last most of the day.

2) We play a game of Orlygg's Chaos vs Thantsants' Orcs. I have some Orc, Ogre and Chaos units ready that can flesh out either side and you other participants will no doubt have a few relevant bits to bring along (Chaos monster, Dragon or Giant mercenary ie). Either way we will split the players up between the two armies and play a scenario. I am working on a couple of items to base a scenario around (The scenario will be called Mum-ho-tep and the Floating Ziggurat of Doom :razz: ) but if anyone else has a killer idea they want to see played out on the tabletop speak up by all means.

Orlygg

I'm all for both, though i'd prefer the ziggerut game. I can imagine a bit of the back story you see. The chaos army arrive looking for the tomb of a revered warrior of Khorne, they mishandle their summoning and awake hordes of undead. Khorne calls for battle, but it is not just the dead the warriors must worry about, for the ruins contain many mysterious and strange beasts, not to mention the legend of a huge dragon that hordes the wealth of the dead in its slumber.

I could contribute a full khorne army, an undead army, loads of monsters and a spined dragon!

Thantsants

Perhaps my Orange Giant might fare better in this one - mind you there's little skellies running around again! :mad: :lol:

I have a small amount of Undead and Chaos to contribute and of course large amounts of Orcs :mrgreen:

In true game show host style I have made an arbitrary judgement on which game the audience is shouting loudest for:

Looks like Mum-ho-tep and the Floating Ziggurat of Doom!

It seems to me as if the best choice would be to concentrate on a Chaos vs Undead scenario, although I'm sure Mum-ho-tep has one or two primitive Orc tribes living along the route of his drifting Ziggurat that worship him. Rather than try and pin down precise forces I will simply encourage those coming along to bring any Chaos and Undead forces you own and want to play with on the day, as well as any allied contingents you think will be fun to include.

I'm anticipating a reasonably large game so 3rd edition with it's it's crunchier combat mechanics will be the order of the day. I'm a bit rusty at calculating a unit's worth on the fly by the way, so if anyone cares about such a thing as equal sides it will be useful if you know the approximate points cost of your units on the day.

Thantsants

I can always see about getting some more Undead painted up to further distract me from current projects if the Orcs aren't quite what is needed.

Shouldn't take too long to whip up some of those skeleton army plastics to table top standard... :lol:

Mind you I have some Bederken Dwerg that need finishing off to join these chaps -

and a tub load of beastmen to join this lot...

Thantsants, please do bring some Orcs (Savages in particular!) and stuff like your Giant too. They will help the Undead out as it seems Khorne might have a lot of stuff on his side. You can of course bring those beautiful Chaos minis too, I can always put them on Mum-ho-tep's side as followers of Malal who are opposed to Khorne (I spotted Hasslefree's Kalee Daark in those photos!). In case it's not obvious, please bring your Undead too!

Orlygg, If you could bring your Khorne and Undead stuff, that would be greatly appreciated. Especially 'Old Spiney'!

Orlygg

I think the undead and chaos view is a good one. I foresee this being a very large battle so it may be worth getting hold of Marcus and reserving a suitable table. I'll post up my chaos army and other bits later so people can see what we have to play with. I wouldn't mind coming up with a little ad or some such we could put on our blogs to.

I have emailed Marcus with the details and I will follow up with a phone call in a day or two if it's necessary.

Any of you technically minded types who want to create an advert or some photos, go right ahead. Let me know what you need from me.

Amazing snaps there Thantsants! I always wondered how bound monstrous creatures got rounded up in the first place!

exilesjjb

We were actually steering away from adverts this time keeping it more of a blog based event with bloggers and there mates. While I like your enthusiasm we are aiming for some thing different from the average wargames show,plenty of socializing with the chance to try a few games that you may not have before.
If you do get a response from Marcus let me know because I am waiting for a reply from a few emails. We have yet to work on a floor plan as I am still waiting for a few people to confirm their games.

exilesjjb":xhwo8i3p said:
We were actually steering away from adverts this time keeping it more of a blog based event with bloggers and there mates. While I like your enthusiasm we are aiming for some thing different from the average wargames show,plenty of socializing with the chance to try a few games that you may not have before.
If you do get a response from Marcus let me know because I am waiting for a reply from a few emails. We have yet to work on a floor plan as I am still waiting for a few people to confirm their games.

*Whispers* 'Ixnay on the vertsaday' everybody!

I will let you know how the comms with Marcus turn out as I soon as I have any news James. In the meantime, if you have any difficulties with the floor plan and accommodating us let me know, I have a good mental picture of the venue and may be able to help.

Harry

I am not saying I am coming ... at this stage ... but is the plan to play this game over two days, like the Rumble in the jungle? ... and staying overnight again?

(If I did come I imagine I would bring that mixed Chaos Nurgle army I have recently shown).

I originally envisaged it would be tricky for people to do another weekender so soon after BOYL so I proposed a one day affair...

BUT!

It is easy for me to do two days, if that's what the baying mob wants?

If there is someone who planned to do one day and can't stretch it out I will make sure we finish the game on Saturday, it's only fair.

PS. Welcome aboard Mr Collector!

Please do come along Tony, it sounds like there will be plenty of minis around on the day too (particularly if Harry can come, fingers crossed!) so just bring along anything you want to see in action.

Just to be clear, We are still moving forward with the one-day plan unless/until a unanimous call for an extension comes my way.

Thantsants

Theoretically I have the whole weekend off - I'll have to see whether the holder of purse strings will sanction another hotel stay...

Be good to see you down there Tony and good news that Steve can do both weekends :grin:

Come on Harry - you know you couldn't stand missing out - think of the kebabs ;)

Back