Blog-Con in Nottingham, at Foundry. 9th/10th November.

Harry

Chris (Norse) is planning to come up with me again and will be bringing some of my Khorne army ... so these guys will easily be outnumbered. :grin:

Golgfag1

Apologies guys,

But I find the mundane, as worked it's way into my plans, so I will only be visiting Blog-con on Saturday rather than spending a weekend playing games with you guys :( :( :( .

See you Saturday

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry":1jmvqh0j said:
Chris (Norse) is planning to come up with me again and will be bringing some of my Khorne army ... so these guys will easily be outnumbered. :grin:

Blimey, it's going to be like Oldhammer Weekend all over again :grin: See you guys on Saturday. PS Harry - apologies for the lack of shields, I'll bring them with me.

Harry

I had an absolutely top day.
Thanks to everyone but special thanks to Paul for GMing, Steve for working and Chris for being such good company on the journey.
Can't wait for the next Oldhammer event.
Will try and make a weekend of it next time.
All the best,
Harry

Norse

Thanks to everyone for the game tomorrow, and thanks to Harry for driving me!

Hope today's antics are going well for everyone.

Paul: You didn't miss much of the game as everything collapsed not long after! Good to see you again. Oldhammer two weekends in a row can't be bad!

Many, many thanks to all those who took part in the game at Foundry, I had an excellent time and a fantastic day. It was a real treat to GM a game with so many lovely lead goodies on display and extra thanks go to Harry for bringing along his wonderful terrain.

I have loads of pictures documenting the events, I will email them out to the participants asap (if it turns out I don't have an email address for you I may be in touch through PM) and notify interested parties as and when blog post batreps appear. There is also a fun game GM'd by Thantsants on the Sunday between Lenihan and I to blog about so watch out for that one too. :grin:

Orlygg

To misquote Bruce Forsyth... 'Great Game! Great Game!' Though we only had a zombie dragon instead of a cuddly toy. It was great to be part of the biggest game of third edition in over 20 years.

lenihan

Two great days, two great games! Very contrasting affairs: Saturday's game was a cataclysmic clash with tens of thousands of points on the board. Sunday's game was far more pathetic aesthetic, with a relatively small number of figures trying to build a bridge and finding themselves under attack! Two very different games, both great fun. Looking forward to writing these up.

Golgfag1

Again , thanks for a fun day.

As for the pictures, don't bother sending them to me - Paul / Warlord Paul - post them here and share them with the forum - as I'm sure people would like to see them after reading the various messages :grin:.

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Warlord Paul":3co97xzu said:
Many, many thanks to all those who took part in the game at Foundry, I had an excellent time and a fantastic day. It was a real treat to GM a game with so many lovely lead goodies on display and extra thanks go to Harry for bringing along his wonderful terrain.

I have loads of pictures documenting the events, I will email them out to the participants asap (if it turns out I don't have an email address for you I may be in touch through PM) and notify interested parties as and when blog post batreps appear. There is also a fun game GM'd by Thantsants on the Sunday between Lenihan and I to blog about so watch out for that one too. :grin:

Harry

Orlygg":1xf2a9x4 said:
To misquote Bruce Forsyth... 'Great Game! Great Game!' Though we only had a zombie dragon instead of a cuddly toy. It was great to be part of the biggest game of third edition in over 20 years.
Hadn't thought of it like that. :grin:

We should tot up the points on the table ... just for the record ... to set the bar for the future. :ugeek:

Golgfag1

I suppose the title of largest game would really depend upon what you were counting - number of players, number of figures, number of points or even the size of table? But, that wasn't particularly large a game 12 x 6, around about a thousand miniatures, if you were lucky - maybe you could claim the largest game this November, but not the largest in the last twenty years, Sorry guy's - nil points for that one.

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry":3lj6z3i3 said:
Orlygg":3lj6z3i3 said:
Hadn't thought of it like that. :grin:

We should tot up the points on the table ... just for the record ... to set the bar for the future. :ugeek:

Thantsants

Thanks everyone for a great weekend Warlord Paul for GM'ing and everyone else for their good company.

Thanks go to Paul/Golgfag too - I am now allergic to repeating crossbows ;) :lol:

At the very least I reckon our game looked at least as mad as any of the big set-ups photographed in the 3rd ed rule book!

It all looked like great fun from where I was standing :( My khorne force will take to the table some day!

Still, at least I got to keep the yellow fleece :grin:

dral

Hi again,

Nice to meet you all, i'm still trying to match names to people (names, and user names, and blog names...it's not easy)..but thanks to all who got there to play. I hadn't realised how far you'd come either Orlygg (I've matched one name to users name...I think), it's long trip up from Essex.

It's been a while since I played 3rd, it gradually started to come back, next time i'll try to use some of the great manoeuvre rules.

I hope Khorne wasn't too hard on Slambo, the restless dead are hard stop (and Krell has a bit of relationship going there too :) ).

I did add up the points yesterday, at a rough guess (I took stats from the Lichemaster scenarios so I've made a guess at 3rd heroes) there was about 2400-2500 of undead and the Monks of Maisiontaal added up to another 1000, so that was 3,500 in my corner of the field.

The game gave me some more painting enthusiasm, I've just finished updating the other half of my plastic skeletons and even textured the 20 years old goblin green bases...

I hope to catch up with you all again soon.

Nik

Orlygg

dral":1hmhqkui said:
Hi again,

Nice to meet you all, i'm still trying to match names to people (names, and user names, and blog names...it's not easy)..but thanks to all who got there to play. I hadn't realised how far you'd come either Orlygg (I've matched one name to users name...I think), it's long trip up from Essex.

It's been a while since I played 3rd, it gradually started to come back, next time i'll try to use some of the great manoeuvre rules.

I hope Khorne wasn't too hard on Slambo, the restless dead are hard stop (and Krell has a bit of relationship going there too :) ).

I did add up the points yesterday, at a rough guess (I took stats from the Lichemaster scenarios so I've made a guess at 3rd heroes) there was about 2400-2500 of undead and the Monks of Maisiontaal added up to another 1000, so that was 3,500 in my corner of the field.

The game gave me some more painting enthusiasm, I've just finished updating the other half of my plastic skeletons and even textured the 20 years old goblin green bases...

I hope to catch up with you all again soon.

Nik

3,500 points of troops probably = £3,500 worth of actual miniatures with all those rare pieces you fielded. The power of all those skeletons was unstoppable, no wonder Warhammer Armies limits skeletons to units of 30 only!!! How many did you have in each block? 50 plus??? Still, I love those old plastic skeletons and I shall be painting a unit soon. Great to meet you too Nik. See you at the next big event I hope!

Golgfag1

Ok folks, here are my pictures! enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

PS. Yes, I know, I haven't posted any pictures of the Halloween bash at Harry's house but there's loads of em and their taking a bit of time to re-size, sorry Harry

Attachments

• waiting for the first sight of the enemy!.jpg
    waiting for the first sight of the enemy!.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,927
  • chase the giant.jpg
    chase the giant.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 1,927
  • Steve's war tortoise.jpg
    Steve's war tortoise.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 1,927
  • Plague Dragon.jpg
    Plague Dragon.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,927
  • Skeleton cavalry.jpg
    Skeleton cavalry.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 1,927

Golgfag1

Even more pictures, I'll leave it to others to do the write-up - volunteers ?
Enjoy
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Fimer.jpg
    Fimer.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,925
  • Whatever they are just kill em.jpg
    Whatever they are just kill em.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1,925
  • Charge.jpg
    Charge.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 1,925