Blog-Con in Nottingham, at Foundry. 9th/10th November.

James Brewerton (of http://exilespainting.blogspot.co.uk/ ) is organising a wargaming bloggers convention called Blog-Con to be held at Wargames Foundry on the 9th and 10th of November.

Here is the link to the Blog-Con blog: http://wargamesblog-con.blogspot.co.uk/

I thought it might be fun to have a few Oldhammerers preaching the good word to the masses so if anyone wants to meet up and play a game let me know. If we get a small group we can get together and play out an Oldhammer game in the classic style, two, three or four a side with a GM. Having your own minis is welcome but probably won't be essential.

That's a real shame, it's right on your doorstep and you'll be 1000s of miles away. Sure your boss won't understand if you pull a sickie? You'll be missed mate. :(

Chances are I would be able to attend either blog-con or the first YOBBOS event but not both seeing as they are so close together. I'll have a think and get back to you. Thinking about it, I may not be able to attend the YOBBOS event because I think my wife has a market on that day (first Saturday of every month I believe).

They are pretty close together, I can make both but I didn't anticipate Blog-Con would compete with YOBBOS, sorry. Whichever one you pick, your involvement will be much appreciated. I understand there are distance issues with YOBBOS too. You will of course always be welcome at any of the meetings as and when you can make it.

Thantsants

I'm sure I could wangle Blog-Con as well as the Yobbo meet.

Steve - be great to catch up with you again at either :)

axiom

Ack...I'm literally about 5 miles away any normal weekend, but that weekend I'll be over 200 miles away at a wedding near Swanage.

Orlygg

My wife is making positive noises about me attending this event. Which is good, as I spent most of the Oldhammer Weekend talking rather than actually getting a good game of Third in! Hopefully, things will go my way!

Chico

Orlygg":2bzduv7e said:
My wife is making positive noises about me attending this event. Which is good, as I spent most of the Oldhammer Weekend talking rather than actually getting a good game of Third in! Hopefully, things will go my way!

Buy her some shoes and let her watch the Xfactor and your'll be fine lol

Orlygg":9g1xmfv1 said:

You have a very good woman there :grin:

Fantastic news Orlygg! :grin:

Sad news Axiom. :(

I have been in touch with James to let him know our plans. Basically I thought we could do a game on the Saturday with whatever we have to hand. I will have a scenario or two prepared and am willing to either GM or play if someone else has something they want to do. I thought Thantsants might want to run the BBaOD finale for instance. I will be bringing my Chaos warband and a few Orc/Ogre mercs and some monsters.

Orlygg

If I can get there I want to play. I have chaos army ready to go and should have undead too by the point.

exilesjjb

will be great if you guys can make it as I had to miss the meet up for Oldhammer. It is planned as more of a social weekend with a chance to game or just catch up. We have demo/participation games lined up for SAGA, Musket and Tomahawk, Cowboys, VBCW, chain of command,various board games and Battletech plus are hoping for a bring as many ships as you can X-Wing game on the sunday.

We have a workshop on basing and table top standard flesh painting

Its also my 40th on the Saturday and I will be bringing cake

Orlygg

Sounds great! The offer of cake will surely twist a few arms and get gamers to the Foundry. I have just discovered that my father's new house is 1 hour from the Foundry. Wife is already planning visit with kids. So things are looking very positive for me.

There you are James, I knew you were on here somewhere. You should change exilesjjb to GI James though! See you on your Birthday!

Orlygg

Wife has sanctioned the saturday for me alongside visit to my father. I shall be there. What is the Oldhammer Plan? How many tables can we steal? What we playing?

Back