The Beard Brigade marches again!

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:15 am

Re: The Beard Brigade marches again!

Thanks for the link, Blue.

Yes, some good advice indeed. Looking forward to putting it into practice!

Cheers,
Tuskerton

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:42 pm

i've been painting for about 4 years now, and you've just come back to it after god knows how many years away and are already better than me :D

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:28 pm

@daddyorchips- I'm happy with the way they're coming out so far and glad I hadn't forgotten too much!

Didn't manage to get the last of the troll slayers finished this weekend due to some dry weather here in Edinburgh today and ended up gardening instead.

I also discovered that some of the last unit of dwarfs that I stripped seem quite badly cast and have very little detail on the faces. I've not decided whether or not to make up the unit with a mix of other models I already have or trawl eBay for replacements.

In the meantime, here's digital versions of the old unit standards that I'll try and recreate. Or, just print out if the necessary skill deserts me.

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Finished off another couple of slayers today and now just one more to do. I'm looking forward to putting the orange paint away from a bit.. While I decide what to do about the models I mentioned before,I stripped a canno and some crew and will tackle that next.

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Excellent. Hope you're having fun!

Post Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 am

Great stuff! Good to see they are getting proper paint and tlc!

Post Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 pm

I've not updated the thread in a while, but I finished off the last of the troll slayers a while ago. Here's a couple of photos of them:

After that I decided to star work on a Marauder Siege Canon however I've not had a great deal of time for painting and I've still got one crewman to do. Here's the canon and crew so far:

Currently working on the last crewman and one of the plastic Warhammer Regiments dwarfs. Looks like it should be quite quick to work through the unit of those!

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Painting time has been scarce the last couple of months and haven't made a great deal of progress. I did finish the last crewman for the canon (which still needs properly based) and painted 5 of the plastic dwarfs. Painting them was a bit tedious, but as there are loads more to do I had better get used to it!

I also found some time to paint the dwarf model from Advanced HeroQuest who I always used as the figure for my general back in the day. In the spirit of this project I think I'll keep him in that exalted rank!

Here's some before and afters:

Image Image Image

Image Image

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:54 pm

I love those before-and-after pictures. I like how the new paintjobs echo the ideas of the original paintjob but with greatly improved skills :)

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks, LilBroGrendel. That's really what I'm trying to do and have them looking more like I imagined them being all those years ago :)
PreviousNext

Return to WIP