Starting to paint my WFB Chaos stuff.

WARDUKE

I got the Rogue Trader book back in 1987 and played it a bit until 2nd Edition came out. Unfortunately, I never played WFB until 4th edition came out. I do remember reading through White Dwarf as a kid and really wanting to get into it. I have played 4th/5th/6th/7th/8th, and even Age of Sigmar, but nothing captures my interest like WFB 3E.

That being the case, a couple of friends and I are starting to work on the older armies we have collected over the years, and hope to start playing soon. This is the first model I have painted for the army (or in an 'old-style' color scheme). I think I picked him us as an extra in an eBay auction - Not sure if he was originally a cavalry model, or not, but someone had cut the interior of his legs to fit a horse. His weapon was also broken off (and not present when I got him).

I decided to try and make him a standard bearer, so I drilled out the broken weapon, and used some brass rod and bits to make a standard. I did some green stuff work to repair the damaged legs. And after some painting, here is the result - warts, and all.

IMG_4785_zpspdda2lwk.jpg

IMG_4786_zps0xqq8h25.jpg

WARDUKE

Not Chaos Army related, but my ladyfriend asked me to paint her a miniature for Valentines Day. Her favorite color is bright green, so here is the end result.
Used a Ruglud's Orcs mini that had a broken banner.

IMG_4815_zps0o5api2l.jpg

symphonicpoet

I can just imagine him saying something like "'Appy valentine's day luv! Le' me give yer ol' Kewpie's error the ol' fashioned way! Jes' stand right there while I string up me bow. No peaking now!"

This might not end well! :)

Well done. And lovely. You're a lucky man to have a valentine requesting miniatures.

Back