Thrugg Bullneck Space OrkRaiders

I picked up some of these guys recently, without the box. I was wondering if anyone out there has a box and if so, does it come with painting instructions?

I'd like to make an attempt at least to paint them in line with the box.

Any suggestions?

The Vole

Just John

Here you go

astro52rtb02orks-01.jpg

Now if you are going to be painting them why not join in the October painting challenge?

I'm already in two painting challenges old chum, but we shall see.

Interesting that they are rather more subdued than I expected. The face paint is rather nice I think.

photo%2B1-784567.JPG

I made a start this morning. I need five Orks for the first game that I will be using Orks in, so I can afford to take time.

photo-741773.JPG

I did a little bit of work on some boyz last night. I thought it would be better to work on a small group at a time. I had a look at the scans of the box and realised that the pallette isn't actually that big. I was surprised at that and have decided to take a leave out of Old School Workshops book and make it a little bit brighter, more yellows and reds than blues.

I'll do them in a somewhat military set of colours, so that they'll do for generic Orks or Bloodaxes if one is so inclined.

Asslessman

Looking very good so far. God, I just noticed the flexh wash pot, I don't know how many liters of that I used in my youth... such good memories I stripped anew in a good acetone bath :)

photo%2B1-787184.JPG

Some work in progress shots. I had fun modelling the skin, which was a lot more involved than my usual work.

photo%2B2-789335.JPG

I'll have to throw an orange wash onto the chainmail to rust it up a bit.

photo%2B3-791725.JPG

Not happy with the eyes at all. They're just red. Thinking of adding a dot of orange or white as a highlight.

Also thinking of painting the gun slides white and then adding a colour, probably more red, to them - just to colour them up a bit.

Taking rather more time over these than I would usually.

Goblinlee

Excellent looking Orks.
Really good flesh tones, and it's cool you are following the paint scheme on the box. You are really capturing the feel of the Ork Raiders.
Good to see them being painted up. I painted mine up here: (the Raiders are most of the way down the page).

http://goblinlee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06 ... egion.html

I tried to keep to the box art as well, but i think you are making a better job of it :)
Are you going to do the blue tatoos and red and white warpaint as well?

I look forward to seeing them finished :)

phreedh

As a hint for eyes, use a thin red wash instead of pure blood red.

I've done the blood red eyes too, and didn't like it either. Too stark. So instead, paint the eyeball off-white or grey or yellow (after the face have been shaded). When dry, paint on a thin layer of dilluted blood red. Don't flood the eye socket, you just want to cover the eye ball properly.

Asslessman

I tried a 3-step on my orks eyes, being black, blood red leaving black at theedges, and a dot of light cadmium red at the centre (loks a little onrangey which is nice.
Thisis an easy way and it looks satisfying imho.

Back