bretonnian and other oldies

tancrede

In this post, I will post the WIPs of my old bretonnians.

And to start this thread, here are some bretonnian foot knights :

- the 2 on the left are now done, except for basing :
n9a5.jpg

fb5.JPG

- the other knights, wainting for their turn (steel done) :
bo45.jpg

Just John

Re: bretonnian oldies

They're excellent - especially love the shields. I look forward to seeing this thread develop.

ardyer

They look really good. I admire anyone who has the creativity to come up with all the heraldry required for Bretonnians!

tancrede

Thanks for comments, guys !

And here is a little update for the october challenge :
4 knights are now done, 4 more to go, and I've added a 90s musician to the unit (standard bearer to come too...).

2r4y.jpg

As I've received some minis this week (from trade and eBay), this unit is now 19 men strong. It will grow slowly as I want to collect more of those wonderful bretonnian foot knights, but only at decent prices...

Stay tuned, as the 5th knight is on the way (I've foxed his heraldry on my mind, and now it's time to put paint on it ! :ugeek: )

Asslessman

I love bretonnians, I really do, It just took me too much time to realise it that they were already plastic when I realised that. But man when I look at yours and Blue's, I have to say I'm very close to typing bretonnian in the fleabay search bar...

Very well done.

Selkie

Asslessman":1l6ibu5p said:
I love bretonnians, I really do, It just took me too much time to realise it that they were already plastic when I realised that. But man when I look at yours and Blue's, I have to say I'm very close to typing bretonnian in the fleabay search bar...

Very well done.

+1 on this, I honestly use to think bretonnians were quite boring :o , then I see wonderful stuff like this and it completely changes my mind. You have done an excellent job on these. :grin:

tancrede

Thanks, guys !
I have lot of fun painting those old minis, especially Brets : not too much details, lots of personnality, good sculpts (thanks to the Perry's).

For today, I'll just show you the last days OldHammer work (as I'm painting other minis for commission : current IG and Infinity), with the 5th knight for my october challenge, and an old standard bearer that I've finished (only shield and bases need some update) :

5num.jpg

5br6.jpg

x10a.jpg

The 6th knight il already on the way (shield done), and I think I'll be fine for this october challenge ! ^^

tancrede

Hi !

For today, I just want to show you some of the bretonnian knights for the october challenge, and I've added 2 more knights to be painted by the end of the month (the ones on the left and the right) :

2psx.jpg

And for Heyer, as a part of my deal (bretonnian foot knights against painted minis), I have nearly done this barbarian chief (if Heyer is ok on the color scheme, I'll just have to paint the base) :

pcvk.jpg

uzn3.jpg

I think it's a really wonderful mini, and now I want some for myself !! :mrgreen:

Asslessman

Lucky him and bravo to you. I especially like the red dragon on blue-white stripes device.

Subedai

There is too much awesome in this thread! The Barbarian Chief is fantastic, the colour composition is great, I like the natural tones with the single red gem as contrast.

Heyer

tancrede":1o0l1gd7 said:
And for Heyer, as a part of my deal (bretonnian foot knights against painted minis), I have nearly done this barbarian chief (if Heyer is ok on the color scheme, I'll just have to paint the base) :

pcvk.jpg

uzn3.jpg

I think it's a really wonderful mini, and now I want some for myself !! :mrgreen:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: what else can i say?i love it.
I think i have some barbarians in my trade list,come on do not be shy and have a look,i need you to paint more miniatures for me :lol: :lol:

Willmark

Despite the fact that these are Brets... these are some fantasictic minis. If you are looking for knights let me know I might be willing to part will of my 3rd edition Bret Knights.

tancrede

Thanks for comments, guys !

The 2 minis for Heyer are now done :

facy.jpg

And some details pics of the bone warrior :

n1za.jpg

62ex.jpg

2i1n.jpg

And for myself, here is the 6th bretonnian foot knight for the october challenge. Only 2 more to complete the task !

qbsn.jpg

prhi.jpg

cuhx.JPG

Willmark":mnjn7bct said:
If you are looking for knights let me know I might be willing to part will of my 3rd edition Bret Knights.
Thanks for the proposal,
As it's not a good month for me with lots of unexpected expenses (taxes, and repairs on my 2 cars...), be assured I'll keep this in mind.

Nico

All your minis are so great... Bones armored champion is really cool, that's the first time I see this armor treated in full bone color...Good idea and good result

Back