bretonnian and other oldies

tancrede

More work done on the spearmen.
All of them come from Couronne, but from 2 different households, just to add a little variety in the unit.

And I've found an old foot knight in my display cabinet to command them (and with the good colors ! :mrgreen: )

767427DSC04070.jpg

744857DSC04071.jpg

12 more to do, and the unit will be done...

Niibl

incredible. Even if I could paint like that I wouldn't have the patience for a complete unit and also not the guts to use them in a battle. Thank you for this thread.

tancrede

More work done on my Bret army, with a little group of foot squires :

318695DSC04086.jpg

197752DSC04087.jpg

I really love those old minis !
Now, I must add a little banner and 2 more squires.
But on the desk is the next unit : Robin / Bertrand and his Merry Men...

Quendil

Wow they are really inspiring. Hope to paint mine up half as good when I get round to them in 1 to 50 years :grin:

These are just fantastic without exception - the Bret's are to die for and the shields on the Wood Elves - wow. You sir are a paint god.

tancrede

After a long period, I'm back with some old minis...

For my Bret army :

- Bertrand and his Merry Men :
681691DSC04151.jpg

- 2 more foot squires :
662614DSC04409.jpg

- a champion for a new knight unit :
332829DSC04403.jpg

- and some WIP of the musician and a mounted squire :
648133DSC04411.jpg

For my son, some Skavens (sorry for the blurry pic) :
967786DSC04512.jpg

A flagellant (maybe for Mordheim or another skirmish game) :
330032DSC04516.jpg

And for commission work, some very old Chaos warriors (first 2 are done, the other are still WIP):
885608DSC04518.jpg

666358DSC04520.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy those minis.
And if you want to see more, just take a look at my blog ! :mrgreen:

Mais ? J'me disais bien que j'avais déjà vu ses figurines quelque part ? Donc un arrivant du warfo, cool !
Et mis à part le clin d'oeil, superbe "peinturlurage", j'aime particulièrement ces skavens et ce flagellant !

frenchfever

JAWWW :o

you are a PRO for sure !!

i am looking for tutorial to paint armors , what kind of Colors do you use for your bretonnians ? metal fang, others ?

tancrede

Thanks for comments, guys.

frenchfever":v96pre9a said:
i am looking for tutorial to paint armors , what kind of Colors do you use for your bretonnians ? metal fang, others ?

For the steel armour, I use the following method :
- black undercoat
- base in Army Painter "gun metal"
- black wash (Vallejo)
- 1st highlight in AP "gun metal"
- 2nd highloght with a 50/50 mix of "gun metal" + "metallic steel" (Prince August Air)
- final highlight with pure "metallic steel".

If needed, I use some watered down Prince August "black" to deepened the shadows (as exemple on the knight champion's sword).
And as you can see, I use less and less GW colors...

frenchfever

tancrede":3lvb0kxx said:
Thanks for comments, guys.

frenchfever":3lvb0kxx said:

For the steel armour, I use the following method :
- black undercoat
- base in Army Painter "gun metal"
- black wash (Vallejo)
- 1st highlight in AP "gun metal"
- 2nd highloght with a 50/50 mix of "gun metal" + "metallic steel" (Prince August Air)
- final highlight with pure "metallic steel".

If needed, I use some watered down Prince August "black" to deepened the shadows (as exemple on the knight champion's sword).
And as you can see, I use less and less GW colors...

ohh thanx for the list :geek:

tancrede

For today, one more knight for my bretonnian army...
I've tried King of War recently, and this ruleset is very interesting. Simple to learn, and full of new possibilities. I've played with the Brotherhood army list, designed to fit the Brets, but I think I will use the Kingdom of Men list too (just to field some crossbowmen and some canon...)

So after this game, I've dived deep into my bretonnian bitzbox, and found enough bitz to build some new knights.

And the first to be painted is a new hero/general/unit filler :

911126DSC05019.jpg

650049DSC05020.jpg

692034DSC05021.jpg

More Brets to come, as I must finish Repanse de Lyonesse, 2 other knights and some more spearmen...

Niibl

Thats just great. I only managed to finish my grail knights before I was fed up with painting mounted canaries.
Your darker tones are a joy for the eyes.

Back