Deadcember Zombie Dragon

I have had this Ral Partha beastie sitting around for a couple of months.

I had the G.W. packaged mini many years ago, and I remember it being a pain to build then. Age has done the moulds no favours I fear as the fit has deteriorated.

Well, this has been good experience as I have a T'char part built. I was very nervous of the amount of filling and subsequent sculpting that was going to be required. Not so much now thanks to this exercise.

IMG_0576_zps7yv9nylr.jpg

IMG_0578_zpsanoq1del.jpg

IMG_0577_zpsuj3kmxss.jpg

Now to prime the beastie.

Fimm McCool

Did you buy him recently from RPE? I got one in October and whilst there's definitely some putty work needed there's nothing like the gap between neck and shoulders on yours. Maybe just an off-casting, or they might have remoulded from an original master since you bought yours? Just curious. I'm going to get mine going for Deadcember too. :)

Fimm McCool":1oq83b9g said:
Did you buy him recently from RPE? I got one in October and whilst there's definitely some putty work needed there's nothing like the gap between neck and shoulders on yours. Maybe just an off-casting, or they might have remoulded from an original master since you bought yours? Just curious. I'm going to get mine going for Deadcember too. :)

Yup, bought it from RPE.

Primed.

IMG_0579_zpsntfv9tbc.jpg

Quite happy with the green stuffing as I'm a novice at such things. I can hardly see the joins now.

IMG_0582_zpsnqkioqa7.jpg

IMG_0581_zpsrklgydsk.jpg

IMG_0580_zpshx7ydeg1.jpg

The fuse wire ring through the horn on its cheek will have a rusty old chain hanging from it made from a piece of costume jewellery donated by my wife.

MagpieJono

I bought one of these from RPE a couple of weeks ago and the fit is similar to yours and will need a bit of filling. Lovely model though and great value at a tenner. Always laugh when I see them on Ebay for £20 plus.

Fimm McCool

There's one on there right now. I just revisited mine and it is actually in a similar state. I 'reposed' slightly and attributed that to the resculpting I had to do. :)

bug16

IIRC the Citadel Zombie Dragon has a long tongue whereas the RP one doesn't? Either way, well done for putting yours together! I did a dry fit on mine and I couldn't face putting it together properly so it's been sat in a box ever since. It's a really nice model though, I look forward to seeing yours painted. :)

bug16":2bergab6 said:
IIRC the Citadel Zombie Dragon has a long tongue whereas the RP one doesn't? Either way, well done for putting yours together! I did a dry fit on mine and I couldn't face putting it together properly so it's been sat in a box ever since. It's a really nice model though, I look forward to seeing yours painted. :)

Exact same model as far as I can tell, both have the long tongue.

I'm calling the wing membranes done I think.

I haven't bothered with hilighting the undersides of the wings, just settled for a couple of washes.

The belly, neck, and tail undersides are a similar colour.

IMG_0598_zpslj8hejrd.jpg

Now to decide on the body colour...

Back