Starting A RT Marine Chapter / Time to Stop Hoarding

Thanks!

Painting for a couple of hours a day helps pass the time whilst my Achilles (hopefully) mends itself! I should be back on my feet after new year. With a bit of luck I'll get an assault squad, a few chaplains, medics and techmarines, and update the original camo/ try my hand at weathering on a couple of my painted vehicles.

Once I'm walking again and then back at work the usual (slow) progress will be restored.

As suspected, once I became more mobile, less would get painted...

Still, spurred on by the many supportive comments, I've made some more progress with the first of my assault marines with Maxmini jump packs, and a new Jetbiker.

First the Assault Marines.

iYoQ9RI.jpg

JoYMojO.jpg

This guy is giving the 'finger' to someone (sorry for slightly fuzzy picture). I had hoped for a 'stronger pose', and think I will try again, next time properly carving up a power fist arm.

8SaYJIF.jpg

WAVIXtt.jpg

Overall though I REALLY like the look of the Maxmini jump packs. At first I thought that they were too big for these RT-era figures, but having painted them I reckon they look about right. They are certainly lovely little models, and good value (I bought 15 for just over £20 including postage from Poland). Very tempted to replace my original RT metal ones (having recently seen them go for £5+ each on eBay).

Now the latest addition to the anti-grav company...

u1B1LLk.jpg

I 'ummmed and aaahhhed' about reposing his left arm. I left it as it was, as if really bothers me that much in the future he can shift over to a bike and I'll find someone else for this jetbike.

Back