RT Space Marines army first glimpse.

AndrewMay

24v0841.jpg

Under the desk where I earn my living a small army is slowly assembling....

Most of these figures were won on Ebay about 15yrs ago before prices and rarity became what they are today. I didn't really have many space marines as a kid but even then I lusted after these metal men, spending hours pouring over catalogs and saving pocket money. Most of that money got spent on Orks in the end so half my lifetime away here I am living the dream! I reecntly had a mega splurge on ebay :oops: so many more figures are sitting in paint stripper as I type. I also have unknown legions in my parent's attic so I will look forwrd to delving through cardboard boxes next time I visit.

More to come soon!

AndrewMay

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

I'm allocating a little time every morning before work to sort through this project or it'll never get done! We must be lunatics, filing off mould lines, gluing into bases, filling the slot gap, gluing on backpacks, gluing on sand, sealing sand, cleaning up all the bloody sand(!)......

I'm actually thinking the army is a bit too big tbh and there's still loads awaiting stripping and assembly. I think I'll separate them into "divisions". The main army will be Crimson Fists (of course) then I'll get a bunch in camo' arranged, maybe Legion of the Damned, field police etc to break up the "boys in (dark) blue".

Lunatics? Without question. I'm learning that patient preparation can itself be quite satisfying; ain't it maddening to start painting to then spot a mould line which thereafter becomes the only thing you can see... Can't comment on the sand bit...

Looking good!

ardyer

You think the army might be too big? What heresy is this? [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Suber

I like the looks of this :roll: The camo and field police are a total win, looking forward to seeing them.

AndrewMay

ardyer":28s7msdj said:
You think the army might be too big? What heresy is this? [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

In all seriousness, there were very rarely "mega armies" shown back in the old days. Once I'm done with the Crimson Fists in the main I'll have one more tactical squad, another assault squad. two land speeders, another dread or two PLUS tanks etc it's going to be enormous IMHO. Once I add in allied detachments and so on it's really going to be absurd but will break down into small forces nicely.

AndrewMay

Ok, been plenty of progress but no time to share! might break this post into sections....

First up is my Assault squad made of all converted metal figures (Duplicates and damaged figures) plus some of those damned rare jump packs!
IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

Excuse the gloves, I was getting ready to prime them!

AndrewMay

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

Next up is my biker chaplain, I had to make a press mould of the handlebars as it was missing from the model. I decided to hide some flaws and snazz it up with a bit of extra skullzzz sculpting.

AndrewMay

vwg.jpg

This is the next Tactical squad ready to roll plus attack bike and casualties. There's sand drying on their bases as I type! Also missing is one last biker to complete my squad.

AndrewMay

IMG_2511.jpg

Here's a shot of everything that has been primed so far, very intimidating to my paint brushes. Next is to give all a pre-shade with black ink and then start base coating......that's a gallon of goblin green just on the bases!

AndrewMay

unnamed_1.jpg

OK last up is the beginning of the first allied contingent. These guys will be from the "Executioner" chapter, (mainly decked out in camouflage) I put together a tactical squad based on a boyhood idea of campaign hardened group of the most rag tag models from the pages of the citadel catalog! All the ones that looked like ex hive gang nutters and general anti heroes have made the cut. Severed heads? Girl in armour? Skull mask? Heavy weapon AND power fist? ...all are welcome here! The small "combat squad" has a couple of quick conversions and will be painted in the chapter's regular colours.

Also they have a recce rider on dinosaur and a converted original Terminator model (damaged ebay buy). Plenty more to come from these then Legion of the Damned, Blood Angels/Flesh Eaters allies etc.

Sorry for all the separate posts, my mind can't deal with too much info at once...

These look very promising. Those old assault marines are very characterful.

Just one thing- may I suggest a 50mm round base for the dreadnough.

Back