The Fimir of Albion - WIPS

Mr Saturday

Just finished is the unit champion for the fianna fimm, Odhrán the finmor. I added some freehand to the axe as it was a bit plain, and while I do love this model, there's some definite weirdness going on around the hand holding the axe where it meets the body. I essentially painted in some details to mask it. Next up are his five mates.

Fimir_71.jpg

Asslessman

I'd say there's weirdness in the angle between the axe blade and the arm but the model is gorgeous anyway. The freehands on the axe are absolutely lovely.

Fimm McCool

I had to go check mine to make sure I hadn't missed detail sculpted on the axe! :grin: Lovely work. Not a fan of tons of gore on models but the skin and tats are brill.

Mr Saturday

Cheers all. He's a weirdly posed fellow, but I love him. I normally stay away from gore too, but this unit all take the red oath before battle, and so all have one bloody hand.

Chico

Shhh we all know it's the Meargh's time of the month ;)

And lowering the tone aside he looks great as always Mr Sat.

Fimm McCool

Chico":2k40ai1p said:
Shhh we all know it's the Meargh's time of the month ;)

EEEEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWW! :?

Chico notwithstanding, my favourite of the old Fimir models. Must get round to painting my second one... :grin:

Plaiecivile

Mr Saturday":el85ujf5 said:
...and while I do love this model, there's some definite weirdness going on around the hand holding the axe where it meets the body.

I actually like his position very much! He kind of look brutish and slow minded, the blood on his hand makes me wonder what happened to the last fellow that tried to touch his precious axe :lol:

Looking good Dave. I can see why you wanted to repaint him after the last fiasco of unsatisfying skin tone. Having a red hand is a total Ulster(the Northern Ireland province) thang so it fits in with the general Aeryn-ness of the models ;)

Mr Saturday

Cheers Seán. I am much happier with him this time. To be frank, I wrote the background before I realised the significance of the red hand, so it's more of a happy accident than a deliberate inclusion. I should have called the champion Labraid!

Bar one hooded fellow, I'm waiting on a delivery from Scibor before I can start painting the rest of the fianna fimm. Shields, broches, belly shields and armour are all winging their way to me. It's all I can do to not sit under the letterbox. I had gotten a little fimir burnout going on after KnaveCon, but I feel the love once more.

Funny, I had a bit of burnout myself, only natural after the intensity of con preparations I suppose. I am starting the feel the pull of the Slann once more myself!

Mr Saturday

13333003_10155069829687316_5154664185705613390_n.jpg

It's been a long time, but the Fir Domhan return!

This handsome fellow is a Myeri Tiarna by Geoff Sims, from the forthcoming Myeri Clan box for The Woods: Legends of Shandisholm (due out August, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful book). He's armed with a Snaghyrn and based on Alan Lee's Fomorian painting. Anyone who has any interest in the Fimir or Celtic fantasy should really check it out. The background of the Myeri is fascintating, and anyone who loves the fimir will love this as dearly. In my own clan this fellow will be Murdach, a noble of the Fir Domhan.

Back