Golgfag1 preparation for BOYL 2017

Golgfag1

OK, here's the final version, I couldn't decide on the hair, so just left it black, which seems appropriate, if I change my mind I'll let you know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 009.jpg
    preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 009.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 2,418
  • preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 010.jpg
    preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 010.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 2,418
  • preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 011.jpg
    preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 011.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 2,418
  • preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 012.jpg
    preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 012.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,418
  • preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 013.jpg
    preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 013.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 2,418
  • preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 014.jpg
    preparations for boyl 2017 daemon 014.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2,418

Golgfag1

I've lost my mojo with the barbarian types recently, you can only paint so much plaid, before it becomes a chore - so, have set them to one side for the moment; in an attempt to see - if, a change is has good as a rest - I've found myself something 'new' painting Teranids for Space Fleet curtersy of ebay (Asslessman's posts have been inspiring)- Sorry to anybody looking for similar recently - I promise this is just a fad which will soon be out of my system. my spend is currently running at about ten pence a point! :oops:

Paul /Golgfag1 8-)

Attachments

• tyranid  space fleet.jpg
    tyranid space fleet.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2,365
  • tyranid  space fleet 001.jpg
    tyranid space fleet 001.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 2,365
  • Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 003.jpg
    Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 003.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 2,365

Golgfag1

Opportunities to do anything at my painting station have recently been few and far between, so, here's a couple of pictures of my Tyranid ships for Space Fleet, still very much a work in progress, but we are getting there - slowly. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• More Tyranid  space fleet 001.jpg
    More Tyranid space fleet 001.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2,319
  • More Tyranid  space fleet 005.jpg
    More Tyranid space fleet 005.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 2,319

Niibl

Wonderful beasties. Thanks for sharing.
I envy your varied selection, although - I am just trying to get through the rules and it is not an easy task - the rules for imperial and tyranid ships seem quite different.

Golgfag1

Niibl":1xwyskkz said:
Wonderful beasties. Thanks for sharing.
I envy your varied selection, although - I am just trying to get through the rules and it is not an easy task - the rules for imperial and Tyranid ships seem quite different.

No problem, almost completed all of the Tyranids I currently have in my collection, am attempting to obtain the last few, but their proving illusive. As for the rules - am, also trying the get my head around cataloging all the articles into some kind of order - quite a difference between the Tyranids & Imperials, with the cards for beasties and all the different ship types; that's why I've gone for the Eldar for my second force - only two types of ship :), as ever, it'll be a case of playing the game to iron out the glitches.

Good luck

Paul / golgfag1

Golgfag1

Happy New Year to you All,

Over the festive season I've re-sited my painting area in the 'family room' from the Conservatory, which I've found to be - too cold to paint! Which has meant that painting production has re-started, especially as I brought myself a few more pre-slotta Dark Elves with a few early slotta types thrown in, from a awfully nice chap by the name of Matthew in the Bristol area. nothings finished yet , but this definitely a move in the right direction :grin:

Enjoy Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Bolt throwers.JPG
    Bolt throwers.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 2,220
  • table 2017.JPG
    table 2017.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 2,220
  • Coldone chariots.JPG
    Coldone chariots.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 2,220
  • Bolt thrower crews.JPG
    Bolt thrower crews.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,220

Golgfag1

Work progresses slowly on the Cold-one chariots, but it does move on - I've gone for grab you by the eyes and shake kinda look , as these dark elves are followers of Slannesh and thus in my opinion - are extroverts & full of exuberance, thus bright colours are the order of the day, particularly amongst the nobles :grin:

As ever my picture do me no fravours :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Coldone chariots 1.JPG
    Coldone chariots 1.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 2,173
  • Coldone chariots 2.JPG
    Coldone chariots 2.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 2,173

Golgfag1

Thanks Jeff,

As ever my photo's do me no fravours - but here are the Coldone chariots with their crew at long last. 8-)

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Coldone chariots 11.JPG
    Coldone chariots 11.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Coldone chariots 10.JPG
    Coldone chariots 10.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Coldone chariots 7.JPG
    Coldone chariots 7.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Coldone chariots 8.JPG
    Coldone chariots 8.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Coldone chariots 12.JPG
    Coldone chariots 12.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Coldone chariots 9.JPG
    Coldone chariots 9.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Coldone chariots 5.JPG
    Coldone chariots 5.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 2,106

Fimm McCool

Great seeing them in more vibrant colours than usual! I didn't realise how feathery the chariot shafts were, they look great painted up as parrots.

Scalene

I've got one dark elf chariot, but annoyingly both the cold ones are identical poses. On the brighter side, I did get it back in the day for thrupence ha'penny. I'll post a photo

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":20hfgr45 said:
Great seeing them in more vibrant colours than usual! I didn't realise how feathery the chariot shafts were, they look great painted up as parrots.

Thanks for the laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

ardyer":2qb7j9zp said:
Two dark elf chariots! I hate you so much [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

All part of the bargain bundle I picked up just before Christmas 8-), I did post, but no one else stuck their hand in their pocket :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

ardyer

Golgfag1":kl7kt2py said:
ardyer":kl7kt2py said:
Two dark elf chariots! I hate you so much [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

All part of the bargain bundle I picked up just before Christmas 8-), I did post, but no one else stuck their hand in their pocket :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1
Unfortunately shipping lots to the USA is cost prohibitive

Golgfag1

symphonicpoet":hmnluetg said:
Oh very nice! Makes me think it's time for an oldhammer chariot race. :)

Interesting idea 8-) , certainly a game for first thing Friday or Sunday morning - might have see if this could be a 'goer', anybody?

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Finally pulled my finger out and put the finishing touches to the 'C' Series War Eagle & Dark Elf rider, one of Mr Ackland's Arcane Monstrosities TA5. This'll join my first one 8-) for the BFG if we can find any High Elves for the other side?

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• eagle.JPG
    eagle.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,139
  • eagle 1.JPG
    eagle 1.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 2,139
  • eagle 5.JPG
    eagle 5.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 2,139

Golgfag1

OK, with the chariots & eagles done I'm moving on to the Coldone Riders - first batch of musicians standard bearers & officer types to add to my existing collection - if I get all of my current collection of Coldone riders (60+) done by July ! I'll be happy. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• coldones.JPG
    coldones.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 2,098
  • coldone riders.JPG
    coldone riders.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 2,098
Back