Golgfag1 preparation for BOYL 2017

Snickit

We have at least two armies of High Elves and one of Wood Elves (to represent Avelorn) and if I can get some painting time in I'll be adding to my High Elves.

Golgfag1

Good to know - there'll be some opposition! Anyway as part of my contribution a few pictures of my progress with the Dark Elves mounted force, with more on the way! Force currently stands at: thirty Coldone knights, two mounted wizards, two chariots & two War Eagles. As ever my pictures do me no favours.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Dark Elves gathering.JPG
    Dark Elves gathering.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 2,559
  • Dark Elves gathering2 .JPG
    Dark Elves gathering2 .JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 2,559
  • Dark Elves gathering3 .JPG
    Dark Elves gathering3 .JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 2,559
  • Dark Elves gathering4 .JPG
    Dark Elves gathering4 .JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 2,559
  • Dark Elves gathering5.JPG
    Dark Elves gathering5.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 2,559
  • Dark Elves gathering6.JPG
    Dark Elves gathering6.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,559

Golgfag1

So, while the rain came-down on Sunday I daubed paint over a few more Tyranid Dark prowlers, just the details to add, but to all intents ready for BOYL2017 8-) Should have a reasonably large fleet by the time I add the Hive ships. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Dark Prowlers 1.JPG
    Dark Prowlers 1.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 2,525
  • Dark Prowlers 2.JPG
    Dark Prowlers 2.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 2,525

Golgfag1

Finally drawing these things into some kind of order, only have two more ships to finish and I'm good to go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A large proportion of the boards supplied by inchmurrin, thanks once more John :grin: .

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• tyranid fleet B.JPG
    tyranid fleet B.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 2,484
  • tyranid fleet A.JPG
    tyranid fleet A.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 2,484
  • tyranid fleet C.JPG
    tyranid fleet C.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 2,484

Gallivantes

Great colour palettes on those tyranid ships, they look really striking. The ones with yellow-green hues i like in particular.

Golgfag1

Gallivantes":1736zp4h said:
Great colour palettes on those tyranid ships, they look really striking. The ones with yellow-green hues i like in particular.

Thanks for the generous comment, but I have to say if, you saw them up close, you'd see - your being very kind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for looking

Paul / Golgfag1

symphonicpoet

There's a certain sense at times in which things aren't meant to be seen so close. It's the whole fleet effect. And that's a heck of a fleet. (I bet you're being unduly harsh on yourself, if you're remotely like me or my friends.)

Golgfag1

Well, following my visit to Salute and a recommendation from Tony Yates I made a few purchases of modern/new miniatures which I think would make nice comparison pieces with my more Oldhammer stuff; hence, I brought a box set of Minotaurs (Darklands Bellowing Tarvax)from Mierce Miniatures, which in turn, led me to take a look at their stuff On Ebay (Ever in search of a bargain) and found a conversion piece utilizing a Mierce piece and a set of wings from a GW Cockatrice set of wings, which looked really interesting not only just for being a smashing miniature, but also, to see how the guy had put it together - so I brought it, which arrived yesterday. My intention is to use it has a greater daemon of Slaanesh so here's here a comparison shot with the Ral Partha model I painted earlier. I just hope my daubing of paint can do it justice :lol:

A bit of a difference in size, but I'm not really too bothered by that 8-)
Enjoy
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• comparison.JPG
    comparison.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 2,369

Golgfag1

OK, first application of skin tones (front & back), quite happy with how things are going at the moment, hopefully should be at the next stage tomorrow.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Skin tones applied.JPG
    Skin tones applied.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 2,351
  • Skin Tones applied back.JPG
    Skin Tones applied back.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 2,351

Golgfag1

Paintings moving on a pace, still no quite sure where this will end up, but happy with the journey so far.

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• comparison 2.JPG
    comparison 2.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,322

Golgfag1

A rather busy weekend, so not a great deal of progress, but every small step is another step closer to finishing - concentrated on the wings and being a Keeper of Secrets I went for a progression of rainbow of colours; I know, I've missed out Orange & yellow, but give me time. :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• comparison 4.JPG
    comparison 4.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 2,476
  • comparison 5.JPG
    comparison 5.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 2,476

Golgfag1

Got to spend a bit of time painting last night so, added the yellow and orange and high-lighted the red, so pretty much covered the rainbow :grin:, will now concentrate on the details of the main model :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• comparison 6.JPG
    comparison 6.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 2,455
  • comparison 7.JPG
    comparison 7.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 2,455

Golgfag1

Whilst I've been laid up, I've daubing more paint on to my Keeper of secrets, to all intents and purposes just about there, with only minor details to be completed - on the whole not altogether happy with the flesh tones, as to my mind needs more high-lighting. :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• comparison 8.JPG
    comparison 8.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 2,387
  • comparison 9b.JPG
    comparison 9b.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 2,387

Golgfag1

OK, given that I can now sit up straight I've been painting up my Elder Fleet for Space fleet - following a number of experiments with varying degrees of success, decided to keep the colour scheme simple, Halford's Matt white undercoat, two coats of Citadel, Seraphim sepia ink to get into all the nooks & crannies, painted the sails - Citadel Flash Git Yellow & High-lighted with MP lemon yellow, Dabbed on Citadel Blood red at a couple of key points and applied a base coat of Citadel alaitoc blue to the gun ports, high-lighted with citadel lothern blue and a touch of citadel white scar to indicate the gun muzzles; finally drew insignia on to the sails with a drafting pen & high-lights with lothern blue - hope you like yesterdays progress so? Hopefully should have them all done by the close of the weekend as I'm not going anywhere soon. :grin: 8-) :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Eldar Fleet.JPG
    Eldar Fleet.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 2,351
  • Eldar Fleet A.JPG
    Eldar Fleet A.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 2,351

Golgfag1

A quiet day today so managed to finish the other ships earlier than expected, so here's the almost finished fleet as they'll need a coat of varnish just to give them a protective coat :grin:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Eldar Fleet C.JPG
    Eldar Fleet C.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 2,323
  • Eldar Fleet D.JPG
    Eldar Fleet D.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 2,324

Golgfag1

Got to say - quite surprised myself :grin:

Thanks once again for your generosity & kind words.

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry

Paul ... you really have hit your stride with spaceships. All the Gothic stuff you have painted looks really great.

Golgfag1

Not so much preparation for BOYL, as finally getting off my backside and daubing some paint on some goblins - these have sat in a box for at least fifteen years, if, not more! Grom's Goblin Guard 1st edition, I'm painting them in three batches of fourteen, this will given me a second regiment of forty and two spares to bring my first regiment up to full strength (surprising how often these little fellas tend to go missing in action!). Here's a progression of pictures of the second batch from start to almost finished - will wait for the Chestnut ink to dry before completing the teeth & eyes tomorrow morning.

Started these this morning at about seven, taking anywhere between five to thirty minutes for each application of colour, I tend to go off and do other stuff between coats (washing, shopping cooking etc.) so that the other half doesn't complain I'm not doing anything useful! :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• first coat.JPG
    first coat.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 2,180
  • second coat.JPG
    second coat.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 2,179
  • fourth coat.JPG
    fourth coat.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 2,179