A little bit lost, a little bit damned

Gallivantes

Thanks for the comments guys.

I have devised a method for my mini men to travel wherever they want.

Attachments

• Diorama_02.jpg
    Diorama_02.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 2,771

Gallivantes

Too tempted by the Month of Marsh challenge (http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7786) I have converted up my own Fimir. I was cunning enough to incorporate him into my army by making him double up as a Nurgle Ogre.

He turned out interesting enough I thought he deserved his own little backstory. Something like:

"The Daemon had fooled him, he knew that now. The quest that had taken him from the misty marsh of Albion to the craggy wilderness beyond the sea had been a ruse, he was sure of it. It had not taken long before they were all lost in the mountains, unable even to find their way back. The natives of these lands were a peculiar sort; short but fierce, many of them more than a match for Crounach and his Fimm Warriors. They had been cornered in a gully and the bearded ones had made short work of his retinue, hacking them down to a man. Not him though, and when he had laid twenty of them low they had ceased to fight and laid down their arms. Another of their sort came forth, but not a warrior; a priest or a shaman of some sort by the looks of his garments. He had spoken a few words in his guttural language and bid Crounach to follow.
---
On the walls of their mountain abode he had seen the old mural of the object of his quest. So it was true after all, the daemon had not lied. The small, stout men had pointed to it, then pointed to Crounach, gesticulated wildly and babbled excitedly. Then they had taken him to the depths of their lair, where slaves chained to bellows had been stoking roaring furnaces. In that dark pit the half-men crafted him a suit of armour like their own and their shaman had chanted over it in their strange tongue and held his arms aloft whilst his eyes rolled back in his head.
---
The recollections had long since started to blend into each other and the memories came and went. Memories of a foggy place he used to call home once, but not sure where, or when. Memories of his band of dwarven followers, but they were also long gone now. He had carried on with renewed vigour after finding the monolith that had the object of his quest inscribed in crumbling symbols and fading paint. Or was it the witch with the two headed wolf that had directed him upon the path again? He could barely make heads or tails of it anymore, it felt like his brain was slowly rotting away in these stinking badlands. Just a bit further, he kept telling himself as he cast a backwards glance at his motley followers. Just a bit further..."

Attachments

• Fimir_Conversion.jpg
    Fimir_Conversion.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 2,758
Very good! How you do it? Don't answer, just apply a lot of skill yeah? :)

A very impressive conversion/creation :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Gallivantes

Thanks guys.

Launets":1vkg05or said:
Is the base model the Chaos Warrior from Heroquest?

Almost :) It's the boxed monopose plastic warrior, the leftmost guy in this image. After removing his head I split him down the middle and shimmed him by a few mm. His overall body size post-op fits pretty well with the ogres.

Attachments

• ChaosWarriors.jpg
    ChaosWarriors.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,733

Gallivantes

Thanks LilBroGrendel.

As if I didn't have enough ogres here's one more! Some of you may recognise him as C23 Skrag the Slaughterer. The previous owner had unabashedly relieved old Skrag of his axe, shame in a way but the good thing about that is that I get to convert a cool old figure in a way I never would otherwise.

After fashioning him a fancy machete I still thought he looked too much like old Skrag. Not necessarily a problem per se but I have a Skrag complete with axe so I wanted greater difference.

The full plate is very reminiscent of Chaos Warrior armour and I am fond of the more diverse helmets you get on older figures, especially brimmed helmets like kettle hats and morions. I whipped up something in that style for Skrag's brother, or as I like to call him... Breadknife Bob.

Attachments

• Ogres3.jpg
    Ogres3.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 2,718

Gallivantes

Thank you Suber :) And thanks again to all other commenters, you're keeping me motivated.

Got some Plaguebearers painted up! Fun gang. They look a bit like they're enjoying an AC/DC gig, which is a good thing of course.

I do have some RoC era plaguebearers that definitely should see some paint as I continue my Nurgle army. I got these done first to practise.

Attachments

• Plaguebearers.jpg
    Plaguebearers.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 2,636

Gallivantes

I painted up my Fimir for the Month of Marsh challenge. He's in cahoots with my Nurgle army doing Ogre duty.

file.php

Gallivantes

Thanks Papafakis!

I'm experimenting with ways to paint Nurgle-without-green and this rust-tarnish thing has been handy for ageing surfaces. For the armour colour I deliberately opted for blue to get a complimentary blue/orange colour scheme going on. I am trying to work some sounder colour theory into my paintwork. I am quite the noob with everything that has to do with managing colour.

Now they look like a couple of scary looking bastard's don't they!

Top stuff Gallivantes :)

symphonicpoet

What the heck? Now that's cool! That's some chaos I could get behind. Far far behind. And running the opposite direction at full tilt, ideally. Nicely done Gallivantes!

"That's some chaos I could get behind. Far far behind. And running the opposite direction at full tilt, ideally."

Bloody oath! Hahahaha :grin:DD

Gallivantes

A small conversion update, a Nurgle beastman.

I used a plastic monopose beastman for the legs and the halberd top of the same for the weapon. His head and arm came from the later multipart beastman regiment box. I sculpted his pointing arm making it longer than the other on purpose. I wanted a bit of mutation in there and drew some inspiration from the old Great Unclean One, he has really creepy long gangly arms. And long arm/big hand mutations in general were always some of my favourites so that never hurts.

"Hey you. Can a take a moment to talk to you about Nurgle? And maybe hit you with this axe a little."

Attachments

• Beastman.jpg
    Beastman.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 2,229
Back