All kinds of Oldhammering…

Will do Weismonsters.

I have some Crooked Claw pieces I am working on and will attach a few to see how they look.
Easiest solution would be resin but white metal would be great- what would most prefer?

Here is an update with a couple of the new grotesque designs...
ipBNbU_cDvvZgd2i5M8AJ0ohnIJvF00dqPeMO6EiwGUSLiOIDyvX-XOiVDBwlpPUe1XEn1-uOQ=w2560-h1440-no

Tex

They look fantastic!
Resin or metal are both fine for me: the cheaper, the better
Can't wait

While progress is happening on the casting front I've sculpted and printed various mushrooms- always useful on a greenskin base... or on toast.
g-zEVjtMyXEwzBBGjosMfBAaXbAqzQ_1z64m6EaMvGZThQKjKUemGDZDihS1fyOjzE4kyVzlfg=w2560-h1440-no

White metal shields will be a challenge with high initial costs and require more designs to fill the mould. I'm looking for a good resin caster and will probably go down this path.

Here are a couple of the shields in situ from Orctober...
S-c_Moau4pv_UizStT4IAbE1BfdQN5iKWHYInuYuLiAq_BZW54KnhYZCfOrpiCtCOufdR51fgA=w1440-h900-no

Firstruleoffightclub":2b00y18v said:
So, are these shields already for sale ?

Not just yet- still sorting out the production. I am based in Sydney, Australia so options are limited but I am taking to a number of places.
The above are the UV resin prints primed and painted.

This last weekend on a trip down to Cancon 2017 in Australia, I picked up the first set of white metal casts from Eureka Miniatures and am very happy with the results.
If you are interested in purchasing sets please get in touch via orders@limumworks.com. A set of 8 white metal shields is $10AUD + shipping.
These are the first release- Grotesque Shields 01- and I am working on a number of other 28mm scale Oldhammer inspired pieces.
See photos above for some painted samples of the resin prototypes.

gobboShields_2017.jpg

A mix of old and new lead on the bench...
greenskins0217.jpg

greenskins0217b.jpg

Undead0217.jpg

The Fanatic was always a favourite of mine after seeing it in the old Armies book in Kev Adams' army from 1984- the other few solid based fanatics are currently work in progress but should be finished soon.
The peg legged orc is old piece from 1988 also sculpted by Kev Adams- I've added one of my recently produced grotesque shields to his back. The Goblin champion is another Kev Adams sculpt but was released recently by Crooked Claw.
The Undead figure in the middle is an old 1983 solid base Zombie from Citadel's Dungeon Monsters Starter Set. It needed a lot of love after being painted in thick enamels and spent a good week or two soaking. I think I've brought it back to its former glory and doesn't look out of place amidst the new North Star Skeletons. I'm really enjoying some of these old solid based figures- not all are well sculpted but they do have a certain appeal and a lot of character not to mention the nostalgia.

My recently completed deep space mercenary Commander from the old book Heroes for Wargames and of course the Rogue Trader Rulebook with the Land Raider Diorama. I wonder how the original came about?
DeepSpaceMerc.jpg

Orjetax

Looks great.

The manner in which you've based the model also looks perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Orjetax, I'm pretty happy with the result. Although not totally accurate I think it's a good tribute to the original piece.

Back