All kinds of Oldhammering…

Hi all,
I’ve been a long time fan of the classic Fantasy Battle and Rogue Trader since the late 80’s. There is a gap of about 25 years then I rediscovered the realm after being a commissioned illustrator for GW publishing.
Always keen on the lead it was interesting to see the progression to plastic and the new aesthetic which followed. I think it’s definitely lost something but I have become interested in the Heresy and all the literature and audio books/plays that have become the Black Library standard. That said, the old lead still inspires me.
Following is a work-in-progress of some of my Oldhammering…

The inspiration from back in the day- 1988- covered in ‘contact’ like every good text book of the 80’s should have been.

HfWG.jpg

Roguetrading…
RogueTraders01.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

And some undead- a mix of old Citadel, LoTRs and Mantic plastic…
UN_skel01.jpg

UN_zomb01.jpg

Cheers Blue.

Coronel_Oneil, here are a couple more shots- it's a great book with some of the early very Rogue Trader figures and some great looking old Greenskins. Inspiring for a little guy in the 80's keen on sculpting and illustration with some studio shots and info about design and workspaces...

HfWG_s01.jpg

HfWG_s02.jpg

MagpieJono I've linked a few GW pieces below...

ev-shipard-haemonculus.jpg

ev-shipard-freebooter01.jpg

ev-shipard-whartboard.jpg

ev-shipard-cultist01.jpg

More can be seen here...
https://www.artstation.com/artist/ev_s

On the subject of Greenskins, I'm a big fan of Kevin Adams sculpts since seeing his army back in the 'Armies' book. I have been working away on some of his recent pieces for Crooked Claw...

Old school trebuchet-
trebuchet01.jpg

trebuchet02.jpg

trebuchet03.jpg

Cheers Mason.

Here are some new shields designs I have been working on- sculpted in Zbrush and printed in resin on a B9Creator. I have about 10 Greenskin variants planned...
GoblinShields.jpg

Tex

WOW!
Great job with the shields!
As a kev adams' fan myself, I'd definitely grab a handful if you'd bother print them!

Thanks Tex.
I will finish off the set of 10 and print them. Keep an eye on this thread and if there is interest I'll get them cast in white metal or resin (prints take a few hours and the UV resin is a little too costly for print-on-demand). If there are any requests on designs please let me know.

On another note- I finally got hold of this!!...
LB01.jpg

LB02.jpg

I'm planning a big round diorama base like my trebuchet. That completes my 'Machineries of Destruction' however this kit is missing one wheel blade that I will have to scratchbuild. I have a couple of orginal 'Man Manglers' that need some love and a bath in Simple Green.

Thanks for the kind words Suber.

Below is an old style Thunder Warrior Bolter 3d print based on a Blanche design with a few mods...
bolters01.jpg

Tex

DominusLimum":3gel2jf8 said:
Thanks Tex.
I will finish off the set of 10 and print them. Keep an eye on this thread and if there is interest I'll get them cast in white metal or resin (prints take a few hours and the UV resin is a little too costly for print-on-demand). If there are any requests on designs please let me know.

On another note- I finally got hold of this!!...

I'm planning a big round diorama base like my trebuchet. That completes my 'Machineries of Destruction' however this kit is missing one wheel blade that I will have to scratchbuild. I have a couple of orginal 'Man Manglers' that need some love and a bath in Simple Green.

Count me in for the shields...the new one is even more amazing!
Curiously my copy of lead belcher (otherwise complete and in very good nick) came without a wheel scythe,too... both from a faulty batch, maybe?

MagpieJono

You're certainly a very talented artist. The shields are excellent too. Very 3rd edition WFB. If you did make a few for sale I'm sure you'd be beating away the crowds.

ogryn

Grinning shields with teeth showing and another with tusks.
I might be interested in a set of shields also.

Tex, I just presumed the last owner had lost a wheel scythe. Those boxes with the styrene inserts weren't exactly the most sturdy.

Guys, Yes, looks like I will get these shields cast. Making a few adjustments as I wasn't totally happy with some areas and once the new studio space is set up in August I should have some ready.
cheers,

It's been a while but I am back in the studio printing away on various parts. Here is a fresh print of the 4th Goblin shield variant with revised detail on the shield back...
FrwnfI8Kj-0YqvVcuMet2jcQy4iBH9LlVgz4q5gglU4ARnGsYr91ybeH3k45hhj-ISdUkyxDzA=w2560-h1440-no

Back