Orcs & Goblins by Subedai

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Re: Orcs & Goblins by Subedai

Congratulations on the Orcs Subedai. I can't find a clapping smiley so I'll go with this boggle-eyed look of delight :shock:. It was seeing your take on the Marauder Orcs that decided me on which flavour of Oldhammer I wanted to take (it was probably always going to be greenskins, I've played them for years and years but yours on here sealed the deal). I'll hopefully start up my own thread here as soon as my first Orcs make it from the wilds of Germany and I can tell already that I'll be returning to your posts for inspiration.

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Massive props Subes, those Marauder Orcs (as well as the rest) are sooo nice.
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Count Von Bruno wrote:Massive props Subes, those Marauder Orcs (as well as the rest) are sooo nice.

Thank you kindly! I had really neglected that regiment ever since I acquired it back in the day but once I got started the models really grew on me and their strong imagery provided me with lots of ideas for the army's backstory.
My Oldhammer blog: The Lost and the Damned

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:26 pm

pfw wrote:Congratulations on the Orcs Subedai. I can't find a clapping smiley so I'll go with this boggle-eyed look of delight :shock:. It was seeing your take on the Marauder Orcs that decided me on which flavour of Oldhammer I wanted to take (it was probably always going to be greenskins, I've played them for years and years but yours on here sealed the deal). I'll hopefully start up my own thread here as soon as my first Orcs make it from the wilds of Germany and I can tell already that I'll be returning to your posts for inspiration.

Glad to hear you like the style I've gone with and even better that it helped you decide to build up your own horde. Orcs & Goblins were my first armies in Fantasy and 40k and after having collected lots of others over the editions it was fun to go back to my roots. Looking forward to seeing your greenskins on here!

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Subedai wrote:
Mutantdale wrote:Thanks Subedai for the info.. I don't suppose you have a link to the flyer do you? It may clear up a few other mystery orcs i have.

I'll scan it and put it on Scribd, but might be a few days. Just John is right I believe, nothing on there that isn't in the catalogues, but it does have some fun names and background bits.

Sorry it took a while to get this done. I have scanned the flyer and put in on Dropbox (since Scribd downsamples the quality it wasn't readable there).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr41wdzkkssubit/Ravening%20Hordes%20flyer.pdf

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Finally finished the Lead Belcher with three of the crew. The wheel scythes are taken from the Skeleton Warriors set.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Wow, you're really back at full pace now ! Excellent piece here.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Asslessman wrote:Wow, you're really back at full pace now ! Excellent piece here.

Thanks! Next time there is a long silence, assume I am working on 60 Goblins.

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:17 pm

A nice paint job for a classic war machine! Do you have a Skullcrusher catapult to go with it?

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:37 pm

theottovonbismark wrote:A nice paint job for a classic war machine! Do you have a Skullcrusher catapult to go with it?

Cheers! Yes, I have the Skull Crusher and Man Mangler, plus the Marauder catapult. No castle wall will stand in the way of my green horde!
PreviousNext

Return to WIP