Orcs & Goblins by Subedai

Subedai

Orcs & Goblins were my main army in 3rd Edition back in the day, but the horde has become somewhat scattered over the years (not that it was ever very coherent or complete) so I am pretty much starting again from scratch.

First unit I finished are my original old Arrer Boyz which I gave new bases and a paint refresh.

Attachments

• wfb3_orc_arrer_boyz_01.jpg
    wfb3_orc_arrer_boyz_01.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5,272

Subedai

Currently on my work bench, the Marauder Orc Regiment. I've got 20 of these, about half are getting a paint refresh, the rest I'll paint from scratch.

Attachments

• wfb3_orc_marauder_regiment_01.jpg
    wfb3_orc_marauder_regiment_01.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5,267

Erny

Very nice. it seams you are doing something very similar to me, in that when a paint job is not up to scratch rather than stripping and starting again you are improving old PJs with shading, highlighting and new bases.

Anyway are you missing the leader for that Marauder MB2 Orc regiment, the chap with the mace? I may well have a spare knocking about.

Can be seen here (or on my own orc thread):

http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mb02orcs.htm

Subedai

Erny":3snljy0k said:
Very nice. it seams you are doing something very similar to me, in that when a paint job is not up to scratch rather than stripping and starting again you are improving old PJs with shading, highlighting and new bases.

Anyway are you missing the leader for that Marauder MB2 Orc regiment, the chap with the mace? I may well have a spare knocking about.

Can be seen here (or on my own orc thread):

http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mb02orcs.htm
Yes, I am going for the refurbishment option wherever possible, it saves a lot of time. There are not many models left in that category though. If there is just a single layer of paint on a miniature and it needs a full repaint, I also just paint over it rather than stripping first, seems like a lot of hassle for little or no gain.

I do have the leader, but thanks for the offer. He is the next one I am going to finish, and he's probably going to be my (at least interim) general for the whole horde.

Subedai

Citadel Collector":2cxbmkf4 said:
Lovely skin tones and the banner is ace.
Thanks! I'll continue to loot the old books for banner and shield designs, copying stretches my freehand skills to their limits already.

Blue in VT

Excellent stuff! Love your style...the marauder Orc regiment are some of my all time favorites....I've got mine about half done...need to get back to them soon.

I can't wait to see more!

Cheers,

Blue

Subedai

Finished the leader of the regiment. I think I'll use variations of his shield design for the banner and the shields of his troops.

Attachments

• wfb3_orc_marauders_03.jpg
    wfb3_orc_marauders_03.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5,247
  • wfb3_orc_marauders_02.jpg
    wfb3_orc_marauders_02.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 5,247

Subedai

I think I've decided on the core theme for my tribe of Goblins - it's going to be some bad, bad moons!

I have two units of these MM30 Marauder Goblins, one with spears, one with hand weapons. Picked them up with base colours on already (including some face paint), so I am repainting some bits, adding shades and highlights, and then give them all brand spanking new shields.

Attachments

• wfb3_goblin_makeover_03.jpg
    wfb3_goblin_makeover_03.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,645

Subedai

The tribes are gathering, descending from the mountains to invade the lands of men.

I've been concentrating on putting base colours on everything (after sanding and drybrushing the bases as is my habit) so that the army looks coherent and battle ready, while at the same time enabling me to pick and choose whichever miniature I like to finish off going forward. Not quite there yet but I have a few more days until the invasion of Watford.

Attachments

• wfb3_gathering_tribes.jpg
    wfb3_gathering_tribes.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,585

Chico

Looking good there mate :)

I still have a few bits to finish painting in time, 4 Crossbowmen (Crossbowbones?) 8 Grim Reapers, 1 Death Rider and Skull Chucker :) Also 2 Chariots if i choose to use them lol... and thats not including the summing units ugh!

Subedai

I took some time out from slapping on base colours to finish off details and decorate shields.

Attachments

• wfb3_tribes_gather_02.jpg
    wfb3_tribes_gather_02.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,558
  • wfb3_tribes_gather_03.jpg
    wfb3_tribes_gather_03.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,558

Subedai

After the crushing defeat my Orcs suffered at the hands and hooves of Chico's Death Riders last week, I've decided to mount up myself. The Greedy Maw tribe is the ruling elite of my horde, and once I have added a mob of Boyz to the army I'll "upgrade" the Greedy Maw infantry to Big Uns, while at the same time putting together a unit of +1 shock elite Snortas by converting some MB2 Marauder Orcs to boar riders.

wfb3_orc_snortas_01.jpg

wfb3_orc_snortas_02.jpg

wfb3_orc_snortas_03.jpg

Back