Orcs & Goblins by Subedai

Subedai

Thanks all!

Selkie":1z8ktyye said:
For some reason I get a samurai/slightly oriental vibe from them - not sure why, I think it is the strong theme and style of armour.
That's no coincidence, I was aiming in that general direction based on their armour and the uniformed look. I've written their background as stemming from the far eastern realms, where Hobgobla Khan holds sway.

Awesome orcses! Love the eastern vibe... WIsh I could get hold of some of the Dogs of War Hobgoblins. the red is superb, I'm also a big fan of the shields and imagery. Nothing says old hammer like checks on orcs.

Subedai

Inspired by Chico's Slaaneshi Dark Elven coven and two blog comments later I have started a warband of greenskins worshipping the Lord of Pleasure. As a proof of concept I first painted a Snotling. Following Chico's suggestion that Slaanesh deviously appears to his goblinoid followers in the gestalt of orcish deity Pork, these little fellows shall be called Porklings.

Attachments

• wfb3_porkling_01.jpg
    wfb3_porkling_01.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,118

Chico

Oh dear, see this is what you get when you make the mistake of listening to my thoughts that spill out of my head heh.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh Orgy!

mbh

Subedai":2yul7w41 said:
Inspired by Chico's Slaaneshi Dark Elven coven and two blog comments later I have started a warband of greenskins worshipping the Lord of Pleasure. As a proof of concept I first painted a Snotling. Following Chico's suggestion that Slaanesh deviously appears to his goblinoid followers in the gestalt of orcish deity Pork, these little fellows shall be called Porklings.

I glad you had the class not to mention that big penis the snotling is holding

Subedai

mbh":3jd55v4t said:
I glad you had the class not to mention that big penis the snotling is holding
Not sure what... oh, you mean the long stemmed purple mushroom? Quite some imagination you have!

Anyway, here's the rest of the little buggers.

Attachments

• wfb3_porkling_02.jpg
    wfb3_porkling_02.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,091

Subedai

theottovonbismark":2317u4kl said:
This is just the kind of deeply controversial project I like to see take shape, pass the popcorn please.
Don't forget to put on your 3D glasses.

Man!, this is a great Orc army full of Oldhammer charm.

I especially like the goblin with warpaint. The shields and banners are top notch as well.

Very nice.

Asslessman

Your talent for painting really helps to enjoy the very particular creativity of goblins for sextoys...

Very good as always.

Subedai

I picked Hardnose Mard the Truly Unpleasant as Orc Champion of Slaanesh. Something about his extravagant dress sense just seemed to suggest Slaanesh to me.

wfb3_slaanesh_orc_01.jpg

More pics here: http://thelostandthedamned.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/orcs-just-want-to-have-fun/

Mutantdale

Some nice painting there Subedai.. Any plans for some of the old mutant goblins for this warband?

Where is that Orc from I have one myself and noticed the tab is named Mard and not Orc.

MD

Subedai

Thanks. It felt very wrong to get the purple out for painting greenskins. Which made it just right for this side project. I'm not planning on any more greenskins for this entourage at the moment but will rather get painting on some of the Chaos Warriors and Beastmen I have.

I didn't know the origins of that Orc either until I came across the Ravening Hordes flyer in the 2nd Edition box, where he's named and described as major hero in Blaccug's Butchers as such: "Mard is Blaccug's second-in-command. Blaccug almost trusts Mard. He is making a mistake. "

Ti Pouchon

That Orc champion really is nice! Never seen the sculpt, good find!

Also, I've checked out your blog - stunning! I really like your painting style, things just seem to leap out at me. Really envious here...

Mutantdale

Thanks Subedai for the info.. I don't suppose you have a link to the flyer do you? It may clear up a few other mystery orcs i have..

MD

Just John

Lovely painting Dubedai, nice to see orcs in somewhat different colour schemes.

Mutantdale":11l96gmp said:
.. I don't suppose you have a link to the flyer do you? It may clear up a few other mystery orcs i have..

MD

If memory serves there are only 5 or 6 orcs in the flyer and they are all shown elsewhere. Send me photos and I'll id them for you.

Subedai

Mutantdale":16l8ra5e said:
Thanks Subedai for the info.. I don't suppose you have a link to the flyer do you? It may clear up a few other mystery orcs i have.
I'll scan it and put it on Scribd, but might be a few days. Just John is right I believe, nothing on there that isn't in the catalogues, but it does have some fun names and background bits.

Back