Whispers WhIPS

whisper

Well thought id post these up here:
15mm snotlings painted with washes mostly to act as orc/goblins in our 15mm skirmish game..

A work in progress:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 3,015
Re: Whispers foray into the 15mm world

Nice! What system you using? I painted up some 15mm models a while ago to use in a short series of Songs of Blades and Heroes warband games. I think I used 15mm Lizardmen from Black Cat Bases, with some Warmaster chaos hounds!

Wow.

Whisper, have you got time to do a post on how you got those results?
I've never contemplated painting exclusively with washes - The pieces shown look amazing.

whisper

well the game im playing needed 15mm fairy / sprite swams to reflect the viciuos unseelie court. So I printed a couple and thought I would share the idea with you guys...

hope you like them... they arnt perfect, just too small for most of the detail they had on them... and supports couldnt always be trimmed but its a start.

anyway PICS

All the best
Whisper

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 2,874
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,874
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,874

mbh

Cap'n Happychap":lbshjk7i said:
Wow.

Whisper, have you got time to do a post on how you got those results?
I've never contemplated painting exclusively with washes - The pieces shown look amazing.

this

Zhu Bajie

lovely. Good luck painting the sprites, they are teeny-tiny!

Also basing on coins is proper old school.

whisper

Well first oldschool minis totally finished (baring another matt coat)

Regards
Whisper.

P.s.
will try and do a demo on the painting of the faires.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2,831
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,831
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 2,831

Subedai

Those Snots look fantastic!

Damn you, now I am imagining my whole Orc & Goblin army repainted in skin tones...

Just John

Thank you Whisper, I've been thinking of painting my snotlings in flesh tones and now that I've seen what a great job you've done I'll give it a try.

Curse you Whisper, I've been thinking of painting my snotlings in flesh tones and now that I've seen what a great job you've done I've realised I'll never paint them as good as that :grin:

whisper

yes you will its just cheating! Any muppet can do it

Primed grey, Zenithaled white so highlighs sorted!
Wash Orgin flesh tone, blend the purple/blue wash in on the nose.
Blend the red wash in on extremities (fingers toes earpoints etc).

Very very watery elf flesh (vmc) final highlight (so watery you can hardly see on the mini) rember to unload brush on papertowl before puting on mini, and draw stokes to where you want it brightest.

Skin Done. Go have a beer.

Come on John try it out! you'll be shocked how quick and easy it is!

edit the slightly green flesh is washed with the green wash (watered down a bit) over the ogryn flesh... actually always water your washed when doing this kind of painting. I dip my brush in a jar of water and then into the wash so its automatically watered down.

Jimbobodoll

lovely minis and lovely painting technique. Thanks for sharing and explaining! Care to pass on your sources for your basing materials? You seem to have used a lovely selection!

whisper

Well here is another work in progress... Strictly speed painting, a small undead unit for Harrys Night of the Livivng Lead!

It still needs all the metal hightlighting to knock back the rust a little, and the bones highlighting.
Will probably glaze the cloths to add a touch more richness.

All the best
Whisper.

Attachments

• UndeadWIP.jpg
    UndeadWIP.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 1,355

Asslessman

Seriously good whisper, I love this rust effect, its worn-out but bright enough, any chance we might get a how-to on this one? Cloth tones are very well chosen too, dark but coloured enough to break the monotony. This is how I like my undead (and would love to paint mine).

whisper

erm ok.. nothing special, these ARE spead paints so I can only paint in my lunch hours now. They were ALL assembled and painted to this level in 2 hours total.

Ok brief run down. Prime Grey/ white zenithal technique. Just two spray cans nothing clever, gives a mostly white finish.

Using watered down Gryphon Sepia; tint the bone. Then watered down greens reds browns, base coat the cloth areas, (watering it down lets the hightlights come throught and creates an aged faded feel). Then block in the metal with a bright silver.

Liberally paint on Armypainter quickshade strong tone.

Then i applied the rust. This is just watered done paint carefully washed and allowed to pool in small areas. I used Vallejo Model colour Orange Fluo with a touch of Cork brown and/or flat yellow as i felt appropriate. Thats it so far.

cheers for looking
Whisper

Harry

Those are seriously good ... never mind for such a quick result.
Look forward to getting together and some point and picking up a few techniques.

Back