MagpieJono's gobbo warband

MagpieJono

I've never painted more than a handful of fantasy greenskins and thought it about time it was remedied. I've always thought that a warband or small army of goblins for 3rd edition would be a nice idea. However I wanted something a bit different and so whilst perusing the 3rd edition rule book realised that half-orcs are very underused. So what could be better than an outcast half-orc gathering a rag tag bunch of goblins together to try to reak havok on the Old World?

I posted images of my half-orc warboss on the October pages but here he is again in all his glory. He's a Reaper half-orc barbarian slightly converted with a Foundry shield and a meatier pair of boots from an old Blood Bowl miniature.

Thought he really needed a back story so here goes...

Life was hard for Rosa growing up in a small village in the East of Stirland, fighting illness and the permanant chill that seemed to seep from the Worlds Edge mountains.
However Rosa did not know quite how hard life could be until one fateful day.
The Orcs came like a sea of green that erupted from the mountains and flooded over every village in its path.
The Orcs came to Rosa's village, killing, destroying, pillaging.
Rosa was one of the lucky ones, she escaped with her life. Barely.
In time the Orcs were driven back into the mountains by the brave armies of the Elector Count and the rebuilding could begin.
Rosa did well to hide her pregnancy and the eventual birth of her child.
Every day Rosa wished that it was not happening to her, she prayed to the gods that it was some kind of terrible nightmare that she would wake up from.
But every day when Rosa awoke and she looked into her baby's eyes, the same eyes looked back at her.
The eyes of a Half-Orc.
A Half-Orc who Rosa loved as any mother would love her child.
Rosa named her son Jacob, Jacob Bergfalk.
Of course Rosa knew that the day would come when Jacob was discovered.
That it took nearly twelve years was both a blessing and a curse thought Rosa.
But the day came.
Rosa was burned at the stake, the superstitious villagers fearing that she must be some kind of demon to give birth to such a monster.
But Jacob, Jacob escaped, managing to escape into the mountains where the villagers feared to pursue him.
Beaten half to death by the angry mob but somehow still alive, Jacob roared as he fled into the mountains.
Life in the mountains wasn't easy for Jacob. At first every day was a trial to be survived. But Jacob did survive and the mountains made him strong.
Jacob lead a solitary life, spurned and mocked by the Orc tribes he came across who labelled him as a Scavvy. A decade later though, Jacob was a hulking mass of green muscle.
Angry with the world for the way he had been treated, Jacob vowed to have his revenge.
All he needed now was a warband...

MagpieJono

First up are a horde of Snotlings and a pump wagon. Been collecting these for a short time. They're a mix of old Citadel, Marauder and a few Foundry snorklings. Should keep me busy for a while.

Back