Winter is coming! Undead WIP Blog

Erny

Even with the fuzzy photos these look nice Chico I love the white of the bone, like my own only way better. You have a thing for snow but it works for you!

Chico

Thanks lads. Heh as for a thing for snow i've only ever done 2 armies with snow bases (Undead and Cult) My others i tend to run brown/swamp (Fimir, Greenskins, Traitor Blood Angles) or Grey Wastleland (40k, Chaos Dwarfs). But i do have to say GW changed there Snow Flock do be a bit firmer and lot easier to apply so will be doing many more snow based/themed armies.

Cheers

Chico

Lots of work on the Warband :)

y2ko.jpg

Vampire, Liche, 32 Skeletons, Skeleton Ogre, Spirit Host, 6 Zombies, 5 Night Riders (Hex Wraiths)

umo4.jpg

usyu.jpg

Subedai

That minimalist colour scheme is really paying off, it's shaping up to be a great looking force. Are you going to build winter terrain to go with it?

Chico

Subedai":1xymf3p6 said:
That minimalist colour scheme is really paying off, it's shaping up to be a great looking force. Are you going to build
winter terrain to go with it?

Thanks, i'm enjoying painting these alot but only using White/grey/black is alittle challenging at times. No, no terrain as i don't have a gaming table and no space sadly.

Still what i have painted is less then 20% of the final Army/Warband, so alot more to go :)

Subedai

I don't have the space for a dedicated gaming table either so my latest set up consists of six (can be expanded to eight) brown carpet titles placed on our glass dinner table. They are sturdy and allow for a bit of overhang, with the table underneath a couple of inches short. I've just started adding some patches of green flock to the titles with PVA. The advantage is that the tiles are only about £4 each, and I can just stack them up and shove them under the sofa when not in use.

I am thinking about getting a batch of grey tiles as well, to represent city terrain or ash wastes. Think those might look good as well with added snow flock as terrain for your Undead.

Chico

Heh they sound a good idea, sadly still needing more space then we have (Me and my Wife live in a double room in a shared house) One of these days when we have the money for a larger place i'll have to beg my Wife for gaming space lol

Chico

Work on my Undead continues, note the large pile of newly stripped lead in the background mixed in with my new buys from Ebay and trades. Still need to build 80 more plastic skeletons, strip quite a few more figures (There ranked up in the picture with the rest for the moment). Strip my Plague Cart and wait for Ebay to bring me the rest of my zombies and ghouls.

znmb.jpg

rnux.jpg

vscz.jpg

Asslessman

Though I was kind of disturbed by you looking at me straight in the eyes and hearing MJ's"black or white" in my head, I have to confess I really love your army, not only because of the wonderful collection of good models it's built from but because of the very limited palette which proves dead efficient.

Chico

Asslessman":2zs33pin said:
Though I was kind of disturbed by you looking at me straight in the eyes and hearing MJ's"black or white" in my head, I have to confess I really love your army, not only because of the wonderful collection of good models it's built from but because of the very limited palette which proves dead efficient.

Na this is my song for you Mr Ass:

http://youtu.be/tNwOO9LeugI

And thanks bud :)

ardyer

Chico":1cynngyg said:
ardyer":1cynngyg said:
Yay! Good pictures, they're looking great!

I'm still waiting for a joke/insult Ardyer ;)

Nah, no jokes or insults. They look good. I've not been able to really tell prior to this so I've not commented on them. The high contrast cool white bones/flesh/snow with the dark colors works with the undead.

Chico

whisper":3vnij2d8 said:
really loving watching this progress, its inspiring me to finally sort out the few undead i have!

ardyer":3vnij2d8 said:
Nah, no jokes or insults. They look good. I've not been able to really tell prior to this so I've not commented on them. The high contrast cool white bones/flesh/snow with the dark colors works with the undead.

Thanks lads there is a hell of a lot more left to finish though (I have 6000 pts WhFB3) but taking a break for awhile and going to get more 'Stealer Cult done

Back