Winter is coming! Undead WIP Blog

Chico

So as some of you know i've been buying up quite a large chunk of peoples spare Undead, and today i can show you the work so far.

m1vz.jpg

vb7j.jpg

Yes the photos could be better, but i'm lacking an auto focus or macro.

As you can see I've gone for a scheme much like Bug's for the dark and gritty feel, part of the reason for the scheme/snow bases is that my Wife is a massive Game of Thrones fan so the whole ''White Walkers'' look and scheme helped to sooth her after starting yet another Army/Warband.

Chico

bug16":33t7i6gp said:
Bloody hell you're a quick painter! Looking very nice as well. 8-)

Thanks mate and yeah when it's not very hot i can get a figure done in an hour or 2 depending of how many washes it needs :)

Heyer

Somebody must tell you that:

STOP ,PLEASE STOP MELTING MY EYES WITH THAT BLURRY PICTURES[/size]

I think i can take you to the court and win a new pair of eyes 8-) :mrgreen: :grin:

Chico

Yes yes... clear pics.. ain't gonna happen anytime soon lol :)

On a plus note i have 5 3rd Ed Skeletons painted now with another 4 (2 Black Tree, 2 Citadel) ready to be primmed. Just waiting for 8 packages with Undead toys to turn up which include Zombie Cav, more 3rd Ed Skellies, Wights, metal Chariot and a host of other fun items i've been busy :)

Chico

mbh":3pqgf0j6 said:
how did you do the vampire skin?

Black undercoat, the blocked in the skin areas with Rakarth Flesh the washed with Nuln Oil, once dry i re-blocked with Rakarth again then highlighted with Rakarth and Ceremite White mixed 50/50 then a final edge highlight with Ceremite White for a high contrast with the black.

Chico

bug16":1bcuz8dj said:
Hmm.. that could work well for DE skin! I might have to try that out.

It works best with large flesh areas, too small and it loses it overall pop. Having said that i did paint my old 4th Ed DE skin this way just using Bleached Bone instead of Rakarth Flesh and Skull White rather the Ceremite White.

Asslessman

The restricted colour scheme with snowy bases really makes a brilliant dark and macabre vibe for me. Do you plan on painting a few blue glowing eyes to fit the theme?
Anyway, really great stuff, your pal is lucky to have you collect and paint such an army.

Chico

Asslessman":crlt8sep said:
The restricted colour scheme with snowy bases really makes a brilliant dark and macabre vibe for me. Do you plan on painting a few blue glowing eyes to fit the theme?
Anyway, really great stuff, your pal is lucky to have you collect and paint such an army.

Thanks mate, i'm liking on the whole how it coming together. As for glowing eyes i'm not a fan plus im not skilled enough to pull it off. Heh the plan to get Kris involved hasn't worked too well so far, i'm guessing its because he's not used too figures turning up in 1's and 2's rather then boxes at a time. Once there's a large unit or 2 done he'll be a bit more interested.

On the painting block next is more Skellies and i might treat myself to a Liche or a Zombie Cav.

Asslessman

Yeah, glowing eyes would be good just for a few restricted heroes but I agree it can be a pain in the ass if you don't have the skill (I do not), that and I like my skellies with empty eye sockets to strenghten the outwordly feeling.

Chico":4t2gj2rw said:
On the painting block next is more Skellies and i might treat myself to a Liche or a Zombie Cav.
Huuum, Yummy yummy

Chico

Update time, poor pictures again:

7 Skeletons including a converted Harlequin/Black Tree Skeleton Champion/Wight

s5w4.jpg

hnma.jpg

Full Unit so far:

v1vj.jpg

Zombie Cav, It's a Grenadier Night Rider. I Have another 3 to do and a Zombie Rider from Second City Games

prhh.jpg

rbdc.jpg

gih3.jpg

Chico

Full Warband painted so far;

24 Skeletons under the command of The Wight Sir Boney the Black, Vampire ''The Rotten prince'' and a Liche known simply as ''The Forgotten'' Also finished is 2 Night Riders.

2eib.jpg

v0p6.jpg

Back