Pumpkineater's WiPs

seems most pics are gone due to picload being no longer available. I finished some new projects. ) will try to find the older pics and reupload them,but anyway on with the show with some newer stuff first, hope you like and enjoy these little projects :)

ejur0z.jpg

Thank you dear people, I really appreciate those kind words a lot.

been away for a long time, but very happy to be back.

there are some more old goodies on the way, and will post them here when done. have a great day people :)

some other things done and in the works. will make a proper page next week or so with better pictures and done models in a separate topic. cheers all :)

q5UsAd.jpg

symphonicpoet

Apparently Pumpkineater's house is Where the Wild Things Are. Answers an age old question. Well done! Love that . . . trollish giant monster thing. And the head-cutter gnome and the umber hulk. Holy cow! Didn't even see there were more on the next page until after I posted!

Thank you dear people for the kind words, they mean the world to me, thank you so much.

yes there are indeed tons of wild things and monster sin this house, perhaps way too much, but we all know there is no such thing right ? :oops:

have a great weekend all, more goodies coming in a few days :)

UrchinJoe

These are all amazing, the painting is really evocative and the muted, natural bases complement them perfectly. I have no idea how you've done that, always I find that my bases look too busy when I add so much greenery to them. I especially love the horned troll thing, it really seems like he's just some lone monster wandering around the fells. I don't recognise the mini at all though, what is it?

Thank you for the kind words Urchin, really.

The spiked troll thingy is a chaos mutant ogre by Jes Goodwin. I am very happy how you described him wandering around, that was what I was going for, I am happy it creates that feel with you.

I tend to pick muted tufts and sometimes when I think they are to bright I wet them with water and push a little brown ink in the middle of the tufts to try to make them feel a little bit more natural if that makes any sense. hope that helps a bit :) Also pushing in brown and dark green inks is something I am toying around with, also experimenting more with weathering powders now. I could try to make a small tutorial if appreciated how I base this stuff.

UrchinJoe

Well you've absolutely captured the feel you were going for - I think the large base helps, it gives a sense of scale to it. Like yeah, it's a monster, but it lives somewhere far from other creatures. The colours you've chosen really add to that, as well. I think the humanoid flesh tone helps ground it a lot. It doesn't read as an "ogre" to me, but that's the sculpt more than anything else. Gorgeous paint job on a gorgeous mini.

Thanks for the advice on basing and tufts! I'm away from home and 90% of my collection until at least July - I've got a handful of supplies and a long-neglected unit of barbarians with me, and nothing else. But in the longer term, for sure! I use a lot of tutorials when I'm not familiar with different techniques, and I bet I'm not the only one who'd like to give this a go!

Dear Urchin, well lets hope you will be able to pick up the hobby a bit when you're back. I will try to make some tutorials on the bases in the near future then, I am just messing around and trying things out. :)

some new goodies now, my apologies for sometimes not having pure Oldhammer stuff, if it's not ok I will of course remove the non Oldhammer pics from the thread, but I thought maybe some could enjoy some models. cheers :)

7LMkRY.jpg

Back